• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating Premiere Pro to new PC

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the best way to transfer all of my Premiere preferences, shortcuts, presets, etc to a new PC? Thanks in advance for the help, please let me know if any additional information is needed. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use the "synch settings" command but I've had mixed results with it.  You can dig in to your documents folder (I think that's where it is on a windows machine, working at home on a mac at the moment) and find things like your keyboard settings (.kys) and if you do some googling and searching here  you can usually find the cryptic naming adobe uses for many of the settings.  The fact is you can waste days working all this stuff (that's the polite term for it) out.  I'd try the "synch settings" route and then just rebuild your settings.   It usually doesn't take that long.  Keyboard settings probably worthwhile and pretty simple, (search for .kys files on your old system and just copy them to the same location on your new system, but workspaces?  Once you've figured out where the drop areas are, it's not that long to rebuild them...  effects presets?  just drop them on clips in a sequence and then open that project on the new system and save the effects presets...   bwdik.  maybe someone here will give you better info.  I tend to go down this rabbit hole when I've got work I should be doing but don't want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and check out preferences:  synch settings.  doesn't always work at least in my experience but worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines