• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mind the gap

Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I've been editing for years on PP but never have been able to find an answer to this, so I've had a lame workaround for about 7 years.  90% of the time, I click the little dead space between clips, hit delete and they snap together.  But sometimes, they don't and I have to employ my workaround, copying the entire right side of the timeline and moving it all over.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 6.39.15 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

SOLVED!  So, it was the adjustment layer.  Somehow my original adjustment layer was split into 3 parts (on the same track).  I'm sure I did it somewhere along the way, but wheh I deleted them all but the original and pulled it across the timeline (so it covered all clips like orginally), it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple 

select your clip entirely, go to sequence menu ---> close gaps. hurry you have get rid of all unwanted gaps .

This is a very easy method which comes in handy 

(Note: This feature is available from PR 2018)

reference and source credits  Close Multiple Gaps in Premiere Pro CC 2018 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that worked!  But it didnt.  I just watched the video.  Here is the actual timeline.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 2.55.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot close the gap it means something on the track is blocking.

Like in this example the video has been trimmed back but there is no gap for audio. So you cannot ripple delete the video as video and audio are linked.

Solving this by either trimming the audio of clip 10 to match the video or making a J-cut as in dropping the audio to a lower track and ripple delete.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird.  In my case the linked audio track is not blocking it it is trimmed to the same length/spot).  There is an unlinked audio track below (not linked to any track), also an adjustment layer above.  Later in the timeline, I closed a different area without issue (using delete). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED!  So, it was the adjustment layer.  Somehow my original adjustment layer was split into 3 parts (on the same track).  I'm sure I did it somewhere along the way, but wheh I deleted them all but the original and pulled it across the timeline (so it covered all clips like orginally), it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines