Highlighted

Mismatch timecode Premiere pro cc 2019

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a feature film on Premiere pro cc 2019 v 13.0.1

Trying to export files for screening with timecode the timecode is way off. Even if I generate the timecode it does not stay in sync. This feels really, really bad and makes me insecure about trusting this software.

I can not revert to older version since the project is arranged in the project of 2019 already. If I export xml and open the project in older version I loose all links and merged clips and working becomes difficult.

In desperate need of help!

Best

Jussi RautaniemiIMG_20190316_180721__01.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mismatch timecode Premiere pro cc 2019

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a feature film on Premiere pro cc 2019 v 13.0.1

Trying to export files for screening with timecode the timecode is way off. Even if I generate the timecode it does not stay in sync. This feels really, really bad and makes me insecure about trusting this software.

I can not revert to older version since the project is arranged in the project of 2019 already. If I export xml and open the project in older version I loose all links and merged clips and working becomes difficult.

In desperate need of help!

Best

Jussi RautaniemiIMG_20190316_180721__01.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 16, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jussi,

Is this Timecode generated from the Timecode effect or from the filter in the Export Settings dialog box?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its from the export settings.

Best

Jussi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timecode overlay for 24p in Adobe seems fundamentally broken, both the timecode overlay effect in Premiere, and turning on Timecode Overlay effect in Encoder. It appears to generate 23.967, regardless of whether the source is 23.976 or true 24.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, this appears to be a "2019" issue, the same footage and settings in 2018 results in correct timecode in the overlay.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 24fps timecode drifts and doesn't line up with the actual timecode of the film. It also seems to be 3 seconds and 15 frames off when first generated, even if I set the start time for the start time of the sequence.

I am having to render out timecode from after effects to overlay on top in order to get my film to post on time. This is ridiculous. Has this been fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to report the same issue.
When upgrading a 24fps project from 2018 to 2019, it broke the TC generation. (Effect on transperant layer above timeline.)
When correcting offset manually, the TC drifts out of sync more and more during the videos length.

I was so happy for native prores export, now I need to hold off on the transition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still occuring in latest version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0