• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing export presets in CC 2020

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to a new editing PC and installed latest PP CC2020 on new machine. all ok so far except when I come to export media using h.264, many of the old presets I was using in CC 2018 are no longer there.

How do I get them reinstalled or can they be downloaded from somewhere? (I still have my old PC with CC2018 on it).

Also, the expected file size shown at the bottom of the export window is wildly out - e.g. a 2min file being exported as an mp4 using the 'mobile device 480 HD wide' preset indicates a 13Mb file but when exported its more like 29Mb. Ive tried lots of variances but no change - anyone got any ideas why its doing this? filesize is an important factor for me with many projects.

Many thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They had what, about a hundred? ... presets in the older versions. Most of which were never used by any of them.

So because of a ton of user requests, they dropped many of them.

It's very easy to create any preset YOU need ... and so, do so.

Personally, the 'estimated file size' has never been that useful for me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it's easy to create a user preset, but not particularly intuitive (at least to me).  When I started using premiere I banged my head against the wall for a while until I figured it out.  And gotta say creating an ingest preset still confuses me.  Everytime I need to create a new one (usually for making proxies) it takes me a few times before I get it to work.  

For the original poster on this, since you have a machine with the old presets you want, it should be pretty simple to recreate the ones you want...  wait, you might even be able to export the presets individually and bring them over to the new machine.  Seems pretty simple in Adobe Media Encoder, select the preset, control click on it and choose export preset.  Not sure if one exported from an earlier version will import into a new version, but worth a shot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for that, yes I can create my own presets which can help, but I'd have thought legacy ones woould be able to be downloaded for those that wanted them.

re the estimated file size issue, something is definately not right, in CC 2018, the exported file was always very close to the estimate but now its around double.  Ive created a custom preset to replicate what i was using before but the final file size is still way over what it used to be.

Im now hardware encoding on the new PC whereas before it was software encoding - does that have any bearing? i would have thought the opposite would be true?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating presets directly in the Export dialog box is pretty easy. Just start with the format/codec, change codec settings if needed, going down the list of things there. Then click on the down-arrow to the right of the Preset box up-top, and it saves the preset ... and it appears in the list next time you open Premiere.

Oi vey ... creating ingestion presets for proxies? Yea, that's ... something I also have to stop and think about. And have complained boldly about. It shouldn't require two complete different steps with counter-intuitive actions needed in both plus some knowledge of the arcanities of where Premiere stores things to make that work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems easy now, but when I first started working in adobe land after years on the avid and fcp1 - 7, it wasn't obvious to me.  I also tend to dive in at the deep end of the pool and flail around trying to make things work with a client sitting next to me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfamiliar steps are best served via documentation. If you aren't finding those steps in the docs, please let me know and I'll remedy that.

Granted, not all that cool to do in front of clients. Maybe wait til they go get coffee.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the presets over from your old machine to your new machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK thanks Ann - are they in: users>username>adobe>premiere pro> [version] ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines