Missing media file issue

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so here's what keeps happening.... I import a file into Premiere Pro and edit it, export it to Media Encoder and save it as an MP4 file because apparently I can't upload it anywhere as a PRPROJ file (not to YouTube, not online to sites I'm on, nothing). So say I decide that I want to tweak something in the video a day or so later, and mind you I haven't deleted anything, opened that file since it was saved, etc, when I try to open the file in premiere pro, all I get is the media pending screen and a pop up error message that states that there's missing media files. How in the actual f*** is that possible and why does this keep happening? Now I check my recycling bin and sometimes there's files there (that I never deleted so I have no clue how they got there in the first place) and sometimes there's not. In the instance that there are files there, I go ahead and restore them, and sometimes I can now play the video, but then sometimes I still can't and get the same error message about missing media. 

I'm sick of this crap. I just want to know why this keeps happening and what I can do to put anend to it. Don't get me wrong, I love Premiere Pro, it's a great program for editing and I personally feel that Rush is too limited so I definitely would prefer to use Pro, but if I can't upload the videos I'm spending hours editing, why the hell would I want to continue paying for this program?

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, solutions to this problem, please help! I'm at my witts end with this and all I want to do is edit and upload in peace. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?