• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Media now causes Premiere Pro to lock up !

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previosuly, if I deleted or moved a media source (in Windows Explorer) Premiere Pro would show the missing media placeholder image, AND pop open the locate media window so that I could re-point it to the new source.

Now, (v14.3.2)  it just locks up !!
When I relocated some media to a different folder, I was expecting to have to re-link the paths in PP, but PP just locks up so I cant even re-link it.   I cant even close the file, I have to kill PP ('End Task').  When I  re-open the project it does the same... LOCKS UP ,.... so the file effectively become corrupt and useless.

Any ideas ?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm ... that's odd behavior, all right.

Is this in the one project, or does it happen in other projects also?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,
Ive had it in two seperate projects.
The first one baffled me, but I put it down to be "just one of those strange things".
So I rebuilt the project from scratch, and later had to delete some media (100+ frames in a TGA sequence).
I deleted it using the same method (via explorer) to see if that method caused the problem,... and the same thing happend.
When I re-opend the project, PP just hung again.

Luckily I still had a copy of the deleted media, so I re-instate it into the original location, and the project opened up normally.
Since then I now delete the media from within PP 'first'.... then remove the files from the actual location in disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't replicate that here, and yea, that's ... bad.

Please file over on the UserVoice site so the engineers at least know this has happened with someone. Maybe someone can pop on here with an idea to 'fix' it.

Of course, there's always the Trash Preferences option, which does fix a lot of simply odd behavior.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines