• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Tools Premiere CC 2017

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some tools have disapeared (slide and rolling edit... possibly others).  This is all I see.  Can anyone help me restore it back to how it should be?  Thanks!

ScreenClip.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

The tool palette has been changed in the latest version. If the tool has a small triangle at the lower right corner of the tool icon, if you click and hold down, other related tool options will appear:

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 7.27.07 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool palette has been changed in the latest version. If the tool has a small triangle at the lower right corner of the tool icon, if you click and hold down, other related tool options will appear:

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 7.27.07 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I feel dumb.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another perfect example of "If its not broken, don't fix it" ... not everybody wants to learn 10,000 keyboard shortcuts. There's no need to hide these icons. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customization of the panel would be ideal. Building your own toolbar is a staple in 3D applications that I sorely miss in Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree.  There is no reason that I can think of, why Adobe has chosen to hide these icons when there is more than enough space for them to reside in the tools window. Perhaps they are running out of ideas to improve 'practical' functionality, and efficiency, so they've decided to make it worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different users have different tastes and needs. And irritations.

Quite a few users complain about the vast wasted space in the UI. Some users completely dump the Tools palette to begin with, as they're going to keyboard-short for any tool there anyway, they think that panel defines wasted space.

So what is an irritant to you (cutting down the shown tools) is a vast improvement to many others.

It's been enlightening to stand amid discussions of editors/vfx/colorists/audio people at NAB and MAX and here how differently they all approach everything ... from which app, the UIs within the apps, and their working methods.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "they think that panel defines wasted space." as a matter of personal preference, the user has the option to remove that toolbar, customize the layout, and save it into their preferences, 'as an option.'

We are talking about a tool that is now hidden behind other tools as a proprietary function. Users don't have an option to 'unhide' a tool. This also impedes the learning curve for newer users that are unaware of the tool's existence.

It would make more sense to have the tool visible and available at a single press of a button, and have the option to remove the panel if you choose to use its hotkey instead, rather than to remain hidden.

The real question should be, "as a designer, do you prefer more options?' or less?'"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More options equals more complex design. They have talked of that problem of laying one against the other: simple, elegant design against complex options. You can discuss that hours.

I tend to argue (as you would I think) for more options always. "Options add complexity." Well, yea, but I'm a user, what do I care, right?  😉

The tool box palette is supposedly 'matched' across apps like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, where all tool box palettes have the same structure: a list of 'basic' options with many having the little triangle showing there are sub-options available.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, you're everywhere. I'm happy to see someone that is so diligent to provide feedback and assistance to people in need. You are a well-deserved LEGEND. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah shucks  ... but always happy to help other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines