• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Vertex/Control Handles in PP2017 update?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether its the video clip itself, or a mask, all handles are not visible when I want to move or scale something within the project monitor. I'm creating masks on layers, but can't see them to move or adjust the vertex points. When I select 'Motion' and go to drag around my video file in the frame, the handles are gone there as well.

Anyone know if this is a glitch or perhaps an option that got toggled off when I updated from 2015?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Bonjour,

Je viens d'avoir le même problème et en bidouillant c'est réapparu, bug de cc2017 je pense.

Donc ma solution c'est de cliquer sur le bouton + en bas à droite de ta fenêtre du programme (éditeur de boutons), et de mettre ok et cela m'a affiché les poignées de trajectoire ou du masque. Si cela ne marche pas j'ai aussi cliquer en haut à gauche sur les 3 petits traits du programme.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to click on the word Mask (1) in the Effect Controls to get the nodes.

For the handels on clips in Motion the playhead needs to be over the clip.

Might want to turn of Composite Preview in Trim mode under wrench in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I click on 'mask (1)' and get zero visual aids in the monitor. Even when using the pen tool and drawing on the video file, nothing. I can't see the lines and vertices I'm creating.

They are there.... I can select by randomly holding my cursor down as normal but it's all a guess as to where the exact points are.

Did you update to 2017 and not have issues? Perhaps I need to do a full clean install or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues.

Open Premiere while holding down shift + alt. Might do the trick.

If not clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the thoughts, Ann. Cleared all cache, settings and did a fresh install of Premiere & Media Encoder with restarts all along the way. Updated my GPU and checked for everything else.

Upon re-installation I did get the awesomely annoying .MTS file bug that drops the audio track but was able to solve by moving the footage into a new folder and then locating again.

If anyone else has had this happen and found a fix, it would be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je viens d'avoir le même problème et en bidouillant c'est réapparu, bug de cc2017 je pense.

Donc ma solution c'est de cliquer sur le bouton + en bas à droite de ta fenêtre du programme (éditeur de boutons), et de mettre ok et cela m'a affiché les poignées de trajectoire ou du masque. Si cela ne marche pas j'ai aussi cliquer en haut à gauche sur les 3 petits traits du programme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translation via Google:

"Hello, I just had the same problem and hacking it reappeared, bug of cc2017 I think. So my solution is to click on the + button at the bottom right of your program window (button editor), and put ok and it showed me the trajectory handles or the mask. If this does not work I also click on the top left on the 3 little traits of the program."

Thanks Guitoune92! So freaking odd! Showing the button editor brought the controls back. Also, I tried undocking the window after your suggestion and it came back as well! It's a little annoying but at least there is a work around should this bug not make the priorities list. Undocking the window and pulling out seems to be the easiest here. Which that may be what you suggest last if Google missed a translation a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines