• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify Audio Channels - remove Clip 1 & 2 but keep other Clips?

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Modify > Audio Channels, I cannot find a way to remove Clips 1 & 2 but keep other clips (3, 4 etc).  Unchecking the unwanted clips will cause that audio to not show up when playing the clip in the Source Monitor (so only Clips 3 & 4 will show up as audio in the source monitor), but when adding to a sequence, it will have 2 empty audio clips in Tracks 1 & 2. While unchecked, if I change the "Number of Audio Clips" to 2, the two that remain will be Clips 1 & 2.

Original:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.26.26 PM.png

Want to remove the ones in red:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.13.25 PM.png

If unchecked, unwanted audio will not show up in Source Monitor when load clip:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.26.44 PM.png

But will insert blank audio clips into sequence (in this case, the unwanted clips were blank, but inserts blank even if unchecked clip has audio):

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.27.17 PM.png

With 2 Audio Clips, 1 & 2 always remain:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.13.36 PM.png

Using PP 2017.1.2

OS X 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try:

Uncheck Tracks 1 & 2

Switch the number of Audio Clips to 2

Press OK

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 2.40.05 PM.png

Test and check the results.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Meg+The+Dog  wrote

Try:

Uncheck Tracks 1 & 2

Switch the number of Audio Clips to 2

Press OK

Test and check the results.

MtD

Thanks Meg, I already addressed this in my original post. When you switch number of Audio clips to 2, the clips that will remain will always be 1 & 2 whether or not they are checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm - to clarify: You want to create a modified clip, the original of which has audio on tracks 1,2,3,&4 -  modify that source so that the audio on track 3 is now on track 1 and the audio on track 4 is now on track 2 and there is no tracks 3 & 4 - resulting in a clip that has Video + Audio Track 1(the contents of which were formerly track 3)  + Audio Track 2 (the contents of which were formerly track 4) . . .

OR

You want to create a modified clip, the original of which has audio on tracks 1,2,3,&4 - and modify that so that tracks 1 & 2 are no longer there and the clip presents itself as having Video + Audio Track 3 + Audio Track 4 and no tracks 1 or 2?

On my system, I took an MXF clip that has 4 mono tracks and dropped track 1 and 2 to create a modified clip that now has 2 mono tracks, the contents of which were track 3 and 4 of the source file.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Smithek!

Did you find any solution for this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines