• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mogrt Files render time is unreasonable.

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a .mogrt call out from the adobe store (digital call outs) and I have to re-render the sequence every time I make a minor change, which is averaging around 20-30 minutes per render.  The biggest problem with this is that the changes I make do not reflect in the preview monitor until after it is rendered.  I change the color.  30 minute render.  Oh no it's slightly off shade.  30 Minute render.  Need to nudge it down a bit.  30 minute.  Oops, I went too far since I don't get a preview.  30 minutes.  I have to be doing something wrong here, but I am not sure what.  I have had a similar issue with every other .mogrt file, but this one is pretty complex so it's much worse.

My rig is:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core 3.0GHz

16GB Ram

1TB SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is you're seeing the preview even after the change.

Delete all previews before you make changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess what I mean by not seeing the preview, is that Premiere wont play the red/un-rendered part.  If i move to that part of the timeline where the mogrt is placed, and try to play it while its red, nothing happens.  Even if I manually move the slider through that area, the clip is still and no motion happens within the preview window until it's rendered, even at 1/4 resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevens,

Is GPU acceleration enabled in Project Settings? Or are you in Software Only mode? Let us know.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and try to play it while its red, nothing happens.

But can you see the changes you're making?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same problems as Stevens, but I also can't change the project settings because sadly the "Mercury Playback Accelerator"-Field is greyed out.

My System is a i5 6402P with an amd Radeon Rx 460.

Can anyone tell me if there's an opportunity to turn on the Mercury GPU Acceleration to speed up the editing process?

I seriously need like nearly 2h of rendering time for a 10-15sec .mogrt. And like Steve said every time I have done a change to let's say the title, I completely have to re-render the mogrt which is extremely exhausting.

Until somebody comes up with a better solution my only chance to get it done is to cut the mogrt with the blade-tool into tiny little parts so if I am applying changes I "just" have to render the specific part the changes are made in. But that's obviously not a long term solution.

Thanks for your suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video card according to the Radeon site has a max of two GB of vRAM ... half the requirements for 2019.

So that's why you have no Mercury Acceleration available.

And with a very slow 4-core CPU, yea, that's going to process very slowly. You might do better in the 12.x builds of CC 2018, which don't require as much vRAM for GPU acceleration.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The P R O P E R workflow for working with a graphics overlay in PPro is to invoke Render & Replace for said graphics. Off course, ensure you render to a setting with Alpha Channel. Render & Replace will render just this instance of the overlay while disregarding other tracks. This will result in faster re-renders to the overlay should you have to edit it - since only the graphics is re-rendered. Keep in mind that you will have to invoke Restore Unrendered to the graphics overlay that you Rendered & Replaced (yup! There is a way back).

Another benefit to using Render & Replace is having the ability to shift/replace underlying tracks and not having to re-render ALL tracks again as the overlay has been rendered and is read/computed by PPro as an 'ordinary' video file.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOGRT is still in its infancy. The render times are really slow overall on PP. I think that these were originally meant for AE and have now find their way into PP. And like we know PP was never built to be quick with effects. I am sure Adobe will implement changes next year that make MOGRT easier to work with. I personally do all my templates in AE and render out and then bring into PP

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too do the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines