• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOGRT - Text Properties Don't Work

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a MOGRT in AE with the text properties (font size adj., faux styles) but when I import it into Premiere, changing those properties has no effect on my text.

What's gone wrong?

I could add the scale property from transform, but this should work since it's an option, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

It looks like you did not enable Enable Custom Font Selection. This may be the reason why the Edit Properties are not functional in PPro. If my assumption is correct, please file a Bug Report.

EDIT - Just tried out my assumption and I'm correct. If you enable Enable Custom Font Selection in AE, the other text Edit Properties which were enabled, will work as expected - as is your case, not enabling said option disaffects enabled text Edit Properties, in PPro.

Please file a bug. Please include both

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you did move those properties into the the EGP little panel in Ae, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the panel in AE, I click 'edit properties' and check marked 'enable font size adj.' & 'enable faux styles'. then that option popped up in the Essential Graphics panel as an option and they all work in AE. Don't work in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen grabs of the two UIs would be handy ... the EGP and comp controls area in Ae, the EGP controls in Pr ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything is up to date.

I can't figure it out, keep trying new ones - same result.
Here are the screencaps

AE EGP 1.pngPR EGP.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh ... just did a couple yesterday, can't figure out what is not working here.

If you have a multi-comp project going, you do have to nest the various comps into the 'hierarchy' of the Master comp, but this is probably a fairly simple comp, right?

Maybe jstrawn​ might pop in ... or Jarle Leirpoll​ ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it's just a text layer and a white solid... no precomps.

maybe it's the roughen edges effect? I can try to delete that just to test it, but that's not on the text layer. no layer styles on the text either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried reinstalling PR & AE, no change.
tried removing all effects, changed the font, nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... I'm just stumped.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it work for you when you do them? or do you resize the font size with just the transform scale?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've both made a couple simple ones myself in that last couple days, and applied those made by a collaborator ... we did an online-presentation of making mogrts in Ae (he did that end of the presentation) and then exporting them from Ae via a shared CC library ... they popped up within like three seconds in my Pr' EGP panel Library view, and I plopped them on a sequence and showed how easy it was to modify via the controls that the other guy had placed in the controls for that mogrt.

And ... just went to Ae ... new comp ... type tool ... clicked/typed Type, then clicked out of monitor ... clicked/typed Test.

Dragged the properties up to the  EGP, 'edited properties' in the EGP for each type area as to give what controls I was passing over to the mogrt, then exported to one of my CC libraries.

In Ae:

Opened up Pr, went into the EGP, to that library, dragged the mogrt onto the timeline ... changed both fonts and text size, and with the Opacity control I'd added for the second line, dropped the opacity of that second line ... so this is what I'm seeing in Pr:

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not played with these much. So did a quick test. Created EGP template in AE with font, style, size, Faux Style, and Position (renamed to Text position - I assume this is what you did).

Exported as template. Used in PR. I can change all parameters.

martycg15  wrote

tried removing all effects, ...

What happens if you remove the Text position and Box parameters? Is that what you did? Be sure to save the template as a new name; and use the new template.

How did you get the Box parameters in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you did not enable Enable Custom Font Selection. This may be the reason why the Edit Properties are not functional in PPro. If my assumption is correct, please file a Bug Report.

EDIT - Just tried out my assumption and I'm correct. If you enable Enable Custom Font Selection in AE, the other text Edit Properties which were enabled, will work as expected - as is your case, not enabling said option disaffects enabled text Edit Properties, in PPro.

Please file a bug. Please include both MoGRT versions - functional (working as expected) and the MoGRT with your reported issue, here. Thanks.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.... enabling all 3 options let me change the font size. I'll file a bug report. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a link to the bug report (in uservoice) so we can upvote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I did... I reported it at some Adobe report bug page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your report. There is a known problem where Font Size won't work if you didn't include the custom Font property with it. We have a fix in the pipeline for that. Look for it in the next public release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a justified text option you can include in MOGRTs? Is that an option currently? So, if in Premiere someone wants the paragraph center justified they can do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no elegant way to do this in AE and have it appear in like manner in PPro. You'll have to create separate Text Layers for each Paragraph Style you want. To make matters more of a hassle, you can't pickwhip the Source Text from one Text Layer onto another if you want differentiated Paragraph Styles but identical text. Unfortunately, Paragraph Panel props/options, like most Character Panel props/options cannot be reached by Expressions.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Justify is not currently a Supported Property in Ae's EGP which means can't see or control it over in Pr's EGP. It's a good request though so I suggest adding your voice here: Premiere Pro: Essential Graphics (148 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

In the meantime, it looks like Roland has a workaround that's worth trying. Also consider authoring Pr mogrts for things like this which will give you full control over the resulting Graphic, including but not limited to Justified text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you have told him to enable custom font selection....but not how to do it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines