• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MoGrTs media replacement: Video has no sound? Also, saving MoGrT to w/o property controller

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a MoGrT in After Effects with a masked image that I saved to my CC Library and have placed into a Premiere timeline. I can swap out the image for a video from the bin, but it doesn't use the audio?

To try to remedy this, I thought I'd just create a MoGrT specifically for overlaying a video (0 alpha where the video would show through). Unfortuantely, because there is nothing I want editable (no property controllers), After Effects will not let me save it?

Is there a solution to either of these problems? Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here. The audio channels don't import with the video, even though there is audio in the original AE project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this elsewhere?
I'm having the same problem. Updating the video is fine but the audio doesn´t update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most Excellent Staffer @DaciaSaenz has suggested using very simple image placeholders in creating the mogrt in Ae, so that the user in Premiere simply drag/drops the replacement clip on. In our TP work doing this, that seemed to work. We had troubles getting them over to Pr period prior to that advice.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel5ED7 , 

Unfortunately, Media Replacement does not support the following at this time: 

- Audio

- Retiming (effects, keyframes, or expressions) or

- Dynamic Link. 

We are aware of feature requests for the inclusion of audio, but its not anything that I have updates on. 

Thanks, 

Dacia

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DaciaSaenz  –

If audio is still an unsupported feature within Media Replacement, are there any known work-arounds you could suggest?

Best,

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Justin1776

The list above is still correct. There is currently no support for Audio in Mogrts for either Media Replacement or Responsive Time. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds at this time. 

Sorry I don't have better news at the moment, 

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Can you point to a link where this limitation is writen? I could't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's documentation is oft missing bits here and there. Which is why we need staffers like Dacia coming on 'here' from time to time with the missing information.

And Dacia is the expert on the motion graphics stuff within Premiere and AfterEffects. Best staffer to discuss the processes with by far.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @R Neil Haugen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked to develop the feature so I assure you the list is correct. Thanks for pointing out that the Helpx pages are incomplete. I'll work with that team to get them to update the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @DaciaSaenz as there been any news on the subject ? One of my coworkers needed exactly that and wonders if this 2021 subject had been addressed in 2023 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No news I'm afraid. 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines