• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOIRE ON VIDEOS POSTED TO INSTAGRAM?

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOIRE ON VIDEOS POSTED TO INSTAGRAM?  I'm exporting a short dance film series for Instagram. I did an H.264 export, but notice a moire pattern on some of my DJI drone shots when posting to Instagram. I also notice the moire if I manually shrink my Premiere player view size down to phone size. What's interesting is there is no moire when I post the same exact video export to Vimeo and view on a small screen. any ideas on why this may be or optimal export settings for posting to IG to avoid the moire ?

Video: 3840*2160 , 29.97 fps, Progressive, Software Encoring

2016 MacBook Pro running macOSCatalina 10.15.6 (Graphics: Radeon Pro 460 4 GB Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB)

Running Premiere 14.0.4. 

Thanks so much!!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kinda tricky as it's common with lines that are parallel and close together, like roof shingles, vertical lines on skyscrapers, and so on... it's an optical illusion.  In broadcast it is prevalent if someone is wearing a pin striped shirt or tie etc.

Anyway, you can try to reduced the size of your export to the size closer to instagram or phones or whatever, before you upload that smaller size version. It might help. There's no way to know until you try it with the samples of your own video

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just to start to understand why you got it.... probably 8 bit 4.2.0 source for you ??

but if I take a cityscape of NYC and reduce that image I get moire, so it's kinda different for different reasons. But maybe this will help begin to know where to look for solutions.

https://vimeo.com/23508129

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines