• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitors go black when using Adobe Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kH7h4q?fbclid=IwAR1hF9lHA8EzYUOuWsnSNF1K45nwwaQ7AwrsAz7jz7Xq1K2wU99AFk...

Okay so this has been happening occasionally for the past few months, and I finally have had enough. If I do certain tasks in Adobe Premiere Pro, sometimes both monitors (which are plugged into the GPU) will just go out randomly. This happens even when I switch the settings and use the internal graphics card. The GPU is not overheating (max is 50 C when under heavier load from Premiere) and so I really have no idea what the cause could be! Because of the aforementioned, I have to assume that Adobe is the issue and not the GPU. Normally I have to force the computer to shut down (and lose my progress) in order for the monitors to work again. When it happened last night, I removed the HDMI and DP cables from the GPU and then connected them again, and they worked but I believe Adobe had crashed. Is it normal for something like this to happen when Adobe crashes?? Any insight would be helpful, thank you! 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, unless you have a very complex project, set your autosave interval to 5 minutes...  that will reduce any loss if premiere crashes or you have to do a force quit.  Generally autosaves take a couple of seconds at least on my system.   Do you have the latest driver for your graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea on the autosave, I believe my project autosaves pretty frequently but a lot can get done in a matter of minutes so I still sometimes have some progress lost. I did download the latest drivers yesterday and did some editing today without any issue. I'll be keeping an eye out if it happens again, though. For some reason Radeon wasn't automatically installing new drivers so I selected the option to do so. I'm hoping that's all that was needed, but I'll update if I experience the issue again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines