Mono Tracks on Stereo Master - PREMIERE PRO CC 2020

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been having an unusual "problem" (possible "feature) with PP CC 2020 (), that I hadn't noticed on any previous version of the software:

Whenever I import MONO tracks on a STEREO timeline, the peak dB level for the mono track decreases while playing it back from the Stereo timeline.

Example: I have a dialogue mono track at 48kHz with a peak dB level of -1.0 dB. When dragging it into the 48kHz Stereo Timeline, the peak level is outputted and played back on the gain monitor as -4.0 dB.

Why is this? Is it a bug? Or is a strange new "feature" included with the 2020 builds? If so, can someone include any tutorial links or explain to me how this works? 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021
I believe this is expected. Explanation here: https://larryjordan.com/articles/audio-mono-vs-stereo-levels/

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is expected. Explanation here:

https://larryjordan.com/articles/audio-mono-vs-stereo-levels/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Larry does a great job of explaining it. Yea, seems weird but makes sense according to the math behind the scenes.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines