• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monster PC build... and adobe crashes when rendering

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from a macbook air, of which I had been editing in Final cut pro for a long time before switching to Premiere for its versatility.

I also just uprgraded to a new PC in hopes of better running adobe (also wanted to make sure it was fit for gaming).

Specs:

Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080

Ryzen 9 5900x

Asus TUF Gaming Plus (wifi)

32gb 3600mhz ram

Anyways - whenever I try and render clips in my timeline (and very often when I'm exporting), rendering comes to a hault mid render. Just randomly. I then have to close the app (which eventually freezes) and restart, only to have the same thing happen.

I'm unbelievably frustrated right now at how poorly this is running. It's a new PC and I've got tons of space. I purchased creative cloud for a better editing experience and have been nothing but disappointed. It honestly isn't running much better than it was on my 2015 macbook air.

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong here. Caches emptied, temperatures fine..I dont get it. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/167762/

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My drivers are up to date, but I didn't even realize studio driver was a thing - should I expect to see a decrease in gaming performance? I'm planning to stream from my pc in the next couple of weeks - my GPU can  more than handle the games I play, but wondering if this would affect stream/gameplay.

Editing is my priority, just curious as to what I should expect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switched drivers -

I'm currently rendering a handful of clips in my timeline. It isn't crashing but its unbelievably slow for what its rendering. 1 hour +

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something is not right. We see problems with AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs. The only thing I can think of is a BIOS update for the RTX 3000 series GPUs. It might be better to contact AMD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines