• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph Cut export bug (Analyzing in BG burned in)

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been having this problem for a few months now and couldn't find any solutions.

I've been working on a fairly large project within the last few months consisting of 21 final sequences in total. I've applied multiple morph cuts to the final edits and they look fine in Premiere, but when I export them (either using AME or straight out of Premiere) the "Analyzing in Background" banner is burned into the export. It's incredibly inconsistent so I don't know how to troubleshoot it. Sometimes it burns into the file, but then I'll re-export it using the exact same settings, and it works fine.

I can say that I've had more success exporting straight out of Premiere rather than using AME but again, it's super inconsistent and I have to double check everything and often re-export.

Given the scope of this project and the fact that these sequences need to go through multiple revisions, this issue is becoming unnecessarily time consuming (especially when I can't use a render queue). I was curious if this is a known bug, or if there are work-arounds via project settings or something that I can use to fix this issue.

I've done a couple of similar projects earlier this year, and late last year and didn't have this issue at all.

I'm using the latest and greatest in terms of Premiere versions (v12.0)- I just upgraded yesterday in hopes of this being fixed / solved but was sadly disappointed.

Here are my computer specs if it helps at all:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

macOS Version 10.12.6

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

I've not had the problem but - you could try setting your preview codec to be the same as your render codec and clicking the "use Preview" box on render. This will speed up your renders as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not had the problem but - you could try setting your preview codec to be the same as your render codec and clicking the "use Preview" box on render. This will speed up your renders as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely works, but it seems more like a band-aid rather than an actual fix. The previews that Premiere generates are great for viewing edits in real-time, but I'd rather have the final exports for these projects in full resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right - that's why you set your previews to your render codec. When you do that the render is actually a stitch of the render files and goes much faster. There is no loss of resolution when you work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be great- if Premiere had my render codec as a preview option . Usually my final export is an MPEG video with the H.264 codec. The only render preview option I see that would be somewhat close is Quicktime H.264 and in my experience, the H.264 codec for Quicktime compresses the file way too much.

However, I'm going to try using the Apple Pro Res codec, since it's not as processed, and then export my usual MPEG. Hopefully it works well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What often works well is to use the HQ codec for preview and render with that as a "master" - then use that file to render to your H264 deliverable. The total render time is often the same or less than a render straight to H264. Also, if another deliverable is needed you can render from the "master" and not have to re-render all the effects again - definitely quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just gave this a test run and it worked like a charm. It's a great work-around, but I hope Adobe is able to fix the main issue at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another suggestion would be ... when you can ... simply replace the clips that are stabilized with a full-res Cineform, DNxHD/R, or high-quality ProRes media so once they've been analyzed, you replace them and be done with managing & trying to export WS. As replacing takes typically far less time than a re-analyzation, it's what I tend to do.

If you need to re-work the analyzation you can always reload the original clip. But I've found once I've stabilized a clip, I rarely need to do it again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have this problem when using Morph Cut with clips which have other colour correction / effects applied or when I Morph Cut nested clips. It seems to be the Morph Cut has not completed it's analysis in time before I send it to render. Sometimes when I open a project and leave it for an hour it catches up and then when I render it is fine. Otherwise I have to manually re-apply the Morph Cut, play the time-line through and if OK then quickly hit render!

Maybe Adobe could just put a check before render. Like it checks for offline media it could check for unfinished analysis. But then we would have a perfect world!

- Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!
I too just ran into this issue while reviewing my latest export 😞
It's obvious that rendered video should not include messages that are intended for the editor, so hopefully the Premiere Pro team can fix this bug.

PS - Prior to moving to Premeire Pro I used Premier Elements for 7 years and never had this problem, so hopefully Premiere folks can fix this issue with a warning or notice that it's still processing transitions in the background? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did not have the issue before as Elements does not have morph cut.

Best practice to check timeline before export.

As for warp stabilizer you get a warning on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines