Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most current list of compatible graphics cards

Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know what the most current list of approved GPU(s) for Creative Cloud Premiere. Is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 compatible with all apps in the Creative Cloud Premiere?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

I think there's a bit of mis-information here ... Premiere Pro does NOT have a list built into the app anymore for what cards it works with. It's the capabilities of the card the program looks for, not the model number. One simply needs a card above the current minimal specs. So "adding a card to the list" doesn't actually do anything for anyone's use of PrPro. It's just a formality of yea, someone sat with this card & it seemed ok ... that's ALL that list is these days.

Back in the CS6 days, the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer this for entire system requirement https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

For Premier  Pro check this https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Let us know if this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanusree -

I did already review that list. But, based on that list anything newer than the GeForce 700 is not compatible/approved. Is this list still accurate, or does it need to be updated with the newer video cards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John for that article. Do we know if anyone has put in a "Feature Request" for the GTX 950 to be added to the list? I am looking at a computer that has a GTX 950 installed and want to make sure that ALL features of CC Premiere Pro will work with this card before moving forward with purchasing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as the card has 1 gig of Vram you will be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a bug/feature request for Acrobat Reader

Here is what we use:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I did already see that link for the Feature request form. I was just wondering if anyone had already put in a request to have that particular card added to the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is probably testing all sorts of cards

The list has not been updated for a while.

Its not the end of the world if the card is not on the list.

I still have a 480 and works with all apps and ist not on the list either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's a bit of mis-information here ... Premiere Pro does NOT have a list built into the app anymore for what cards it works with. It's the capabilities of the card the program looks for, not the model number. One simply needs a card above the current minimal specs. So "adding a card to the list" doesn't actually do anything for anyone's use of PrPro. It's just a formality of yea, someone sat with this card & it seemed ok ... that's ALL that list is these days.

Back in the CS6 days, there was a specific file in PrPro that looked at the model of a card to see if it was "acceptable". Ancient history now.

There are a TON of folks using PrPro, AE, SpeedGrade, Prelude, whichever app you want, on all of the newer-than-700 series cards. I'm on a GTX970/4gB card and have been for what, near a year now? Quite a few months at least.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list only states that Adobe has tested the card and Premiere will work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I will plan for that GeForce 950. Thanks for everyone's responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The GTX 950 is an old and weak GPU for the year 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines