Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most of my timeline has disappeared even though the playback still runs

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have been editing a video for work and all of a sudden a huge chunk of my timeline is invisible.

It hasn't been deleted because the video still plays with all the editing attributes etc in the preview.

I can't find any information on what this might be.

Attached in the download link you can view a screen record showing how it is missing but the playback is working;

https://we.tl/t-g8e9vm2PS1

I have also been having a nightmare with premiere pro showing choppy footage or literally displaying the wrong clip even when I've relinked the media to be sure. Not sure if that's relevant.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series with an intel core i5 7th Gen processor. I have no issues with the laptop other than in premiere pro.

Thanks,

Ethan

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

You may want to go to the wing menu (lines) on the tab in you timeline. Right click and reset your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to go to the wing menu (lines) on the tab in you timeline. Right click and reset your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

This worked- thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmm.  I'm running premiere 14.0 on a macbookpro running high sierra and when you talk about the wing menu in the timeline, I assume you're talking about what is commonly called the hamburger menu (wing menu makes as much sense to me as "hamburger menu" associated with each sequence in the timeline.  when I control click on it, I don't see anything like "reset timeline." I've never had this op's issue, but wondering what I'm missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines