• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Graphics Template Import Error in 2019 version, with importing from libraries

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since updating all CC to 2019 I'm not able to import a template.

The error says I need to install After Effects, but it is installed.

Can anyone help?

Martijn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested somethings but still no succes.

-Trashed the pref files

-Re imported the graphics template to the library from AE (2019) version.

-Tested multiple templates

-Re-downloaded the libraries and the CC app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martijn,

Sorry about this. Please answer the following questions to understand the issue:

• Which version of After Effects is installed on your computer?
  • Have you created this .mogrt file?
  • Can you check which version was this .mogrt file created in?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the newest and the previous version.

I've created the .morgt file with the previous AE and remade it with newest AE

Running on OSX 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.   Just updated to Premiere 13.0 and After Effects 16 (CC2019)   Same error when I drag an essential graphics L3 or template onto my premiere timeline.  Status bar sticks at 15% then about 2 minutes later a box pops up telling me to update to After Effects 2019.... although it's already installed.   I still have AE 2018 installed as well.   Also running High Sierra, 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, status bar stops at 15%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frederiekej684298   2 questions

1.  What Mac OS are you using?

2.  Do you still have 2018 After Effects installed along with 2019 After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. OSX 10.13.6

2. Both versions 2018 and 2019 are installed, but on 2018 the libarie is not working on every element anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... we obviously found a bug.      Adobe, is this being reported to your Mac programmers to investigate?    The updated Essential Graphics was one of the main reasons I updated from 2018 Premiere to 2019 Premiere.   Does anyone know if updating to Mojave from High Sierra will fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People of Adobe?

Do you know this is a bug? Or is there already a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin, I'm waiting on this answer as well.   I'm about 99% sure if an Adobe tech, installs High Sierra and the last 2 versions of After Effects they will easily recreate this issue.    I used to work with a software company and it's as simple as a tech running this setup then reporting this bug to their programmers to fix.   The fix may not be simple although until it's reported nothing will be done.

Shivangi Gupta, has this bug been reported yet?   

Re: Motion Graphics Template Import Error in 2019 version, with importing from libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a few things.   I deleted After FX 2018 and Premiere 2019.   Reinstalled Premiere 2019 and I'm still have the exact same issue.  So, a pretty big bug.  

Going back to cc 2018 as that works.    Not sure why no one is helping us with this-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filmguy55,

Sorry for the frustration.

Not sure why no one is helping us with this-

We had my colleague Shivangi on an earlier thread. Sorry if you did not get a solution yet. I believe this bug will be fixed in an upcoming update. Apologies for the holdup.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I believe this bug will be fixed in an upcoming update." Adobe employee Nov 21, 2018

It's been 3 years!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

' unknown error while processing motiongraphic template' and cannot import any Mogrt file. What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a known issue since so long why isn't this getting fixed!? 

This is the 5th time I'm visiting this page in the past year.

STOP ADDING FEATURES THAT DON'T WORK!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Y'all, 

That's super frustrating and I would love to try and get you back on track. There are a lot of reasons why things might be failing and the easiest way for us to get to the bottom of things is to have your actual file on hand. If you could DM me your Mogrt that would be RAD and can help me see what might be going wrong. 

In the meantime, there are a couple of reasons why Mogrts fail to load that I've encountered: 
On Mac: 

I found a corrupt Mogrt that I had on Mac and after cracking it open I realized that the unzipping process was not happening. The Zip was turning into a CPGZ file instead. It looks like this can happen when a zipped file (that is what a Mogrt is) doesn't download correctly. I re-downloaded a copy of the Stock Mogrt that was giving me trouble from a different source and it worked! It also somehow fixed the one I was having an issue with. Here is a link that I found with some workarounds: https://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/

I think the best thing to do is re-export or re-download the file and try again.  

On Windows the issue could be related to where the Motion Graphics Template Media Scratch Disks are set in Project Settings of Premiere Pro. 
The issue occurs when the Motion Graphics Templates Media scratch disk is set to a folder that is nested so many levels deep or in folders with really long names that goes beyond the 260 character limit that file paths on Windows machines are limited to by default. The .aegraphic files within a Mogrt gets unpacked in the Motion Graphics Templates Media folder inside of folders with a Unique ID that also has a really long string of characters. It throws Windows over the edge to where it doesn't recognize the file path as valid.

The OS defines this and there is no way for us to circumvent it. 

- Dacia Saenz, AE Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please DM me copies of the Mogrts that are showing this issue. There could be a host of reasons why this failure is occurring. Its possible that the mogrt got zipped incorrectly when applying from Libraries, and it may need to be imported. It could also be that the compatible versions of PR and AE are not installed. 

In any case, having examples of bad files is very helpful on our end. 

Hope to get y'all rocking and rolling again. 

Cheers,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's still a bug what the phuck adobe? i can't use these apps properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ali10553 , 

What versions of Premiere Pro and After Effects are you using? Are you having the same issue in trying to add a Mogrt from a CC Library or something different? 
Can you send me a copy of the Mogrt that is not working (you can DM me on this site). 

I need a little bit more info to help than what you've stated above, and I would like to help. 

Thanks,

Dacia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never had this issue before but now I suddenly am after updating to CC 2022. Thought it might have been a new issue but apparently it's been around for 3 years with still no solution?? Very disheartening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines