Highlighted

Motion Graphics Template Import Error in 2019 version, with importing from libraries

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since updating all CC to 2019 I'm not able to import a template.

The error says I need to install After Effects, but it is installed.

Can anyone help?

Martijn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Motion Graphics Template Import Error in 2019 version, with importing from libraries

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since updating all CC to 2019 I'm not able to import a template.

The error says I need to install After Effects, but it is installed.

Can anyone help?

Martijn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested somethings but still no succes.

-Trashed the pref files

-Re imported the graphics template to the library from AE (2019) version.

-Tested multiple templates

-Re-downloaded the libraries and the CC app

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martijn,

Sorry about this. Please answer the following questions to understand the issue:

• Which version of After Effects is installed on your computer?
  • Have you created this .mogrt file?
  • Can you check which version was this .mogrt file created in?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the newest and the previous version.

I've created the .morgt file with the previous AE and remade it with newest AE

Running on OSX 10.13.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.   Just updated to Premiere 13.0 and After Effects 16 (CC2019)   Same error when I drag an essential graphics L3 or template onto my premiere timeline.  Status bar sticks at 15% then about 2 minutes later a box pops up telling me to update to After Effects 2019.... although it's already installed.   I still have AE 2018 installed as well.   Also running High Sierra, 10.13.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, status bar stops at 15%

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frederiekej684298   2 questions

1.  What Mac OS are you using?

2.  Do you still have 2018 After Effects installed along with 2019 After Effects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. OSX 10.13.6

2. Both versions 2018 and 2019 are installed, but on 2018 the libarie is not working on every element anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... we obviously found a bug.      Adobe, is this being reported to your Mac programmers to investigate?    The updated Essential Graphics was one of the main reasons I updated from 2018 Premiere to 2019 Premiere.   Does anyone know if updating to Mojave from High Sierra will fix this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People of Adobe?

Do you know this is a bug? Or is there already a solution for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin, I'm waiting on this answer as well.   I'm about 99% sure if an Adobe tech, installs High Sierra and the last 2 versions of After Effects they will easily recreate this issue.    I used to work with a software company and it's as simple as a tech running this setup then reporting this bug to their programmers to fix.   The fix may not be simple although until it's reported nothing will be done.

Shivangi Gupta, has this bug been reported yet?   

Re: Motion Graphics Template Import Error in 2019 version, with importing from libraries

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a few things.   I deleted After FX 2018 and Premiere 2019.   Reinstalled Premiere 2019 and I'm still have the exact same issue.  So, a pretty big bug.  

Going back to cc 2018 as that works.    Not sure why no one is helping us with this-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filmguy55,

Sorry for the frustration.

Not sure why no one is helping us with this-

We had my colleague Shivangi on an earlier thread. Sorry if you did not get a solution yet. I believe this bug will be fixed in an upcoming update. Apologies for the holdup.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines