• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Cursor Disappears in Premiere Pro CC 2017

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lately been working in Premiere Pro CC 2017, and it seems like any little edit makes my cursor disappear, and I need to force quit and restart the program.  I am using Open Captions, and when trying to adjust them, the mouse disappeared.  Whenever I use the Pen Tool to adjust the opacity or volume, the mouse cursor disappears, as well (happens the most often with this).  This seems to happen at random intervals.  Sometimes it is right after I open the project, sometimes it is after I have had the project open for some time.  I'm not quite sure what is causing this.  Could I please get some advice on how to solve this issue?

Mac Pro/OS Sierra: 10.12.3
Processor: 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Premiere:  Premiere Pro CC 2017.0.2 (v11.0.2)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Hi,

Are you having this issue? Please upvote this bug report: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/my-mouse-disappears-in-premiere-cc/idi-p/5746154#U5746154.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a tablet, too, or just a mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a mouse.  It works fine with other programs, and even other Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently today experienced this exact issue twice now. Wasn't sure what was causing it to trigger, but realized its definitely when I pen tool key frame audio levels. More specifically, the curser has disappeared, but it is also locked in 1 position, only able to click where you last had the mouse hovered.

Using most up to date premiere and a magic mouse on a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) OSX Yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does the same for me.  It will disappear, but I am only able to click where the cursor was last seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a similar thing when I start up Photoshop 2017.0.1. The cursor disappears for considerably over half a minute. This must be some sort of bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this same issue in Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 v11.0 Tanq (11.1.0, Build 222).

The trigger for this bug is exactly what rylandbrooks stated above when attempting to adjust audio levels.  This didn't seem to come up before but now it is 100% consistent such that I cannot adjust audio levels without effectively locking up my system and needing to restart.

In my case it is a system-wide lockout of the mouse cursor from being visible as well as movable.

I hope Adobe is working on a fix for this as we speak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me across every version since 2014. I switched layouts to Audio and it was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue. It is making it nearly impossible to finish a project. Please resolve this SOON. Are there any workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. It just happened to me.

There's an additional thing happening. I cannot adjust the opacity of the text, it's not working, but it works for the background colour.

Restart the program few times and the problem still there.

Before this current project, everything is fine.

2017.1.1 v11

Adobe, It's the latest..why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple cure. Go to accessibility in System Preferences and reset all to standard (cursor size etc) and your mouse cursor should magically reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem in the newest build of Dreamweaver (18.0). If I have Photoshop and Dreamweaver running at the same time, my cursor disappears or stops. If I change focus to a different program (Alt+tab) it recovers it and I can continue working... until it does it again in about 30 seconds. It is driving me nuts! I reinstalled the mouse driver, but it made no difference.

Running Windows 10 and most recent versions of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, has anybody figured out a solution for this super annoying problem? This keeps happening to me especially when I use the pen tool to edit my audio clips. The cursor disappears and eventually the timeline goes through an auto scroll. I then have to force quit the whole program and lose some of my most recent edits. After I force quite and reopen my premier pro program file, I have to re-save it under a new name. I have almost 12 different saved files for the same project.

CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone seeing this issue can try this as it worked for me!!  Thank God!!  So, whtcha need to do is - open up 'Settings' --> 'Cursor& pointer' page.  There, U change the pointer size a bit (may be) and change pointer color (pick something).

After I reopened my project (it was closed when I did the change) and that change worked for me as I was seeing the cursor back in the effects tab where it was missing!  Hope it stays that way!  \ /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Are you having this issue? Please upvote this bug report: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/my-mouse-disappears-in-premiere-cc/idi-p/5746154#U5....

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines