Highlighted

Mouse cursor ONLY drags in Premiere 2020, cannot select or click anything

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, wondering if there's a solve for this issue. I edit in Premiere (2019 and 2020) and have noticed this issue more in the 2020 version on my iMac (running OS Catalina v10.15.5) I typically work with a Wacom tablet and stylus, and intially thought that might be the issue, but it persists when using the mouse as well. Basically anytime I click anywhere in the application (timeline, media bins, media browser, really anywhere), the cursor begins to drag instead of just selecting an item. It's infuriating. I've tried quitting and re-opening the application, and it doesn't solve it. The issue comes and goes without any apparent cause. The only way to get the mouse to "release" its self-imposed drag is to use apple-tab to switch to a different application, and hit the "ESC" key. (Otherwise, it's trying to drag whatever I last clicked out of Premiere.) Then when I come back into Premiere, the behavior continues anyway and I can't get anything done. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Am I missing something?

Topics

Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mouse cursor ONLY drags in Premiere 2020, cannot select or click anything

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, wondering if there's a solve for this issue. I edit in Premiere (2019 and 2020) and have noticed this issue more in the 2020 version on my iMac (running OS Catalina v10.15.5) I typically work with a Wacom tablet and stylus, and intially thought that might be the issue, but it persists when using the mouse as well. Basically anytime I click anywhere in the application (timeline, media bins, media browser, really anywhere), the cursor begins to drag instead of just selecting an item. It's infuriating. I've tried quitting and re-opening the application, and it doesn't solve it. The issue comes and goes without any apparent cause. The only way to get the mouse to "release" its self-imposed drag is to use apple-tab to switch to a different application, and hit the "ESC" key. (Otherwise, it's trying to drag whatever I last clicked out of Premiere.) Then when I come back into Premiere, the behavior continues anyway and I can't get anything done. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Am I missing something?

Topics

Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom tablet have been known to give issues.

Have you installed latest firmware.

When using the mouse did you unplug the tablet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere is acting up:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines