.MOV with Alpha shows black in PP 2018 (ProRes 4444)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have an Apple Final Cut 10.4 (latest) Project on a Mac that I am exporting to use in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 (Latest) and no matter what I do the Alpha in the video is being ignored in Premiere Pro or After Effects CC 2018.

I have tried the following exports from Final Cut:

ProRes 4444 (inc alpha)

ProRes 4444 XQ (inc alpha)

Uncompressed 10 Bit (no alpha, no use)

The mov's definitely have alpha in them, I test that by playing them in Mac Finder with the space bar so the video plays so you can see the transparent background with the desktop showing through.

In Premiere Pro or After Effects the Interpret Footage option always has the alpha options greyed out!

I have to get this project moved over today and this has put a complete halt on it.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks
Geoff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just verifying - you've set the source and program monitor in Premiere to display transparency?

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 6.18.46 AM.png

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for replying.

I checked that, it was off but makes no difference to the video layer as the color matte under it does not show through still.  The alpha is rendering as black.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this issue? I am having the same trouble

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue with a ProRes XQ file that I've gotten from a VFX artist 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure it's compatible with premiere.   prores4444 with alpha is.  Just did a quick test with a clip with alpha channel from After effects and it came into premiere with transparaency.  I'm on Premiere 14.03 on my macbookpro at home.  It's possible it's been added to later updates to 14...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines