• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a clip is not visible in timeline.

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope I'm wording this problem correctly. I used to be able to click and drag a clip (or end points of a clip) and then move that on a timeline to see the result live while editing. Now I cannot see what happens when moving a clip (or dragging endpoints) until after I release the mouse click.

Here is another way of wording the problem.

I would click the mouse on a clip and then drag it on the timeline to a new position. During this I would see in real time the arrangement of the clip to make a choice about how far I want to move the clip. Now I cannot see the patch of the clip on the timeline. I need to release the clip to see the movement. This is annoying because the movements are not as precise. I have to drag the clips multiple times to see the result. This same problem goes for selecting in or out points of a clip on the timeline.

I cannot see any preferences to change the way I view movement of clips on the timeline.

This problem started with the new update a few days ago.

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Yes seen this too: deleted just the audio in the nested clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Jason.

That's super weird! I bet it's really frustrating to not be able to see where the clip is going. Have you tried resetting your preferences?

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Nothing will happen to your project, but it'll reset some of the program's behaviors.

Let me know if that helps!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Caroline,

I believe Premiere Pro is working better now. I also had weird instances of markers not being applied to the correct spot of a clip when I applied them. I think trashing preferences helped with that issue too.

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This problem started up again about two weeks after clearing preferences. I cleared cache and previews today. Maybe something positive happens?

New problem.

When I switched from the Move Tool (V) to another tool the cursor doesn't change the shape to match the new tool.

Thanks,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same exact issue -- does your playhead also start flashing when it's happening? Normally my playhead is a solid color, but when I get this problem it's flashing as if the program is loading something. I chatted with Adobe tech support for two hours last night trying to solve this and it's still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Anyone has a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem! The playhead starts flashing and I start seeing unusual behavior, including the one the original poster mentioned - I can't see clips as I'm moving them or edit points as I'm trimming them. For me, the problem seems to only occur in projects where I'm using multicam clips. Is this the case for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience for me - seems to only occur for my when I'm working with nested multicam sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.  

So, the one thing that usually works for me in instances like this is to check to see if there is an update for Premiere Pro.  For whatever reason, the program starts acting stupid and does all sorts of useless and random bullhonkey when it's time to update.  This was happening to me and I just fixed it by updating, but maybe it's just resetting the preferences as Caroline said.  Nice work, Adobe.  An update reminder might be nice, instead of trying to make us feel insane.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this happens on occasion for me, but can usually be fixed by closing and opening the program again. Really annoying tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this by going to Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this same problem, and I can't shake it. I've done everything. Including uninstalling/installing. How has this been a a bug for more than two years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. What is going on with this software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sucks is what's up with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same for me as well. I've reset the preferences but it did nothing to fix this behavior. This really sucks. Hard to place things correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved it removing all the nested clip: I've opened each nested sequence and I copy the clips insiede it, pasting in the timeline in place of the nested clip.

I hope it may solve your problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes seen this too: deleted just the audio in the nested clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thanks Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me too but it's not a solution, i need that clip ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your fix Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any chance of the bug getting fixed anytime soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou! this worked for me, its been driving me nuts! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved
yes I had the same problem and the problem was is that I was nesting audio files 

so I went ahead and render out just the audio files by themselves and then put them back in Adobe Premiere delete the ones that was nested, and problem solved after I deleted the nested files.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not "solved" — it's an annoying work-around to a problem that shouldn't be happening. It'll be solved when Adobe fixes it so it doesn't happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines