• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving all captions at once?

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered the new captions update for the first time, and I am beyond frustrated.  I always relied on being able to have a solid line with all of the subtitles at once to move around, cut those and the scenes together at the same time, and for when I make all sorts of jump cuts to the next scene.  I could do so with ease, but not anymore.  Now, they are all individualized.  Is there any chance I can import them the old way and not in this manner?  Or, another way where I can move all of them at once with ease?  My whole workflow is off because of this, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. 

Basically, I do video essays dedicated to foreign films, and I rely on those subtitles for the viewer to understand.  So, I jump from scene-to-scene depending on the movie and what I am discussing.  Do I just have to take the movie and render it out with the subtitles burned-in, THEN be able to edit it?  If so, that adds a whole 'nother step just to get my subtitles easily moveable (which I wouldn't have to worry about since they will be burned-in, but adds a many hour rendering process for that video alone). 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import an SRT or other text file for this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Neil!  I imported an SRT file.  I now have these individual captions at the top (in orange) and not the entire file (what it was like prior to the update).  Typically, I line up the subtitles with the different video files and move them around together as one file for an easy workflow, but now I can't seem to do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there is a good way to do this (yet). We'll see what the developers can do to address this. I don't think there's a feature request for this particular issue, but I think it is a common need.

Feature Request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

If you submit a feature request, post a link here so we can upvote it.

In the meantime, see "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" in this post. Nesting the caption sequence may be a workaround for you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-capti...

It depends on what you are actually doing. The simple version should work as long as you are burning in. But once you nest, the sequence you have no longer has "captions." A sidecar (or embed) could only be created from the original sequence with the actual caption track.

Leave the video and audio enabled. Then use the original sequence as a nest.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines