Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Audio Clip less then 1 frame in Premiere

Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to move an audio clip less then one frame in premiere CS4.  I recorded and then remixed in Audition 3.  Live concert was also recorded in HDV on a Canon hv30.  I want to use the remixed audio with the video footage in place of the camera audio.  It was recorded hdv 30P so one frame is a significant amount of time from the audios point of view.  The audio and video are about half a frame apart.  The only thing I can think of is take the audio back into audition and shorten the lead in by the required amount.  I was hoping for a easier way.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Rt-click the TimeCode display, and choose Audio Units. That will be as close as you can get. Do turn Snap OFF, before you go crazy trying to move/nudge the Audio.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rt-click the TimeCode display, and choose Audio Units. That will be as close as you can get. Do turn Snap OFF, before you go crazy trying to move/nudge the Audio.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt:

Knew there had to be away. Worked like a champ.

Thanks

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

Glad that it did work for you. Now, there are still some frame-specific things that can and cannot be done, as PrPro is frame-based, but for your need, it sounded like a good solution.

Thanks for reporting success,

Hunt

PS so you can mark your question as having been answered, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any way to close gaps smaller than a frame between audio clips?

I have to drag the clips and it's much slower

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bazinga! Worked like a charm. Thanks, Hunt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be why I dont purchase the software. Crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You couldn't purchase it now even if you wanted to.  Adobe has moved to a subscription service only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Does anybody know how to do that in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AE forum would probably be the better place to ask.  It's where the AE export hang out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

this worked a treat on my original sequence, however, it won’t let me stretch my clip as wide on my third sequence of the same project. The audio timecode stays in 2:03.69 instead of 2:03.6900

and the wave for stretches out really really wide

can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where, prey tell, is the timecode display? Because what I can deduce as being it doesn't have the options you mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rt-click on the 'ruler' (timeline) that is on top of the timeline panel.

Select 'show audio time units'

Now the playhead can be dragged more precisely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Key step missing in this and other tips for sync less than frame - make sure and UNLINK your video and audio tracks, then click the TimeCode display and choose Audio Units, and Snap OFFotherwise you can’t move separately. Especially important if you have a click track or a clap sync. Frustrated me too when I was trying to move them. All good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines