Moving/changing markers from Timeline to Clip locations?

Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been going through hours of footage for a documentary im working on and have been taking in depth notes with the marker system only to realize a few hours in there is a big difference in how the markers work depending on if they are placed on the timeline or on the actual clip itself. I need them to all be on the actual clips and not on the timelines.

Is there anyway to move the 100+ markers I have typed out and placed on the timeline to the clip themselves through copy and paste or somthing of that nature or do i have to recreate all of the markers completely on the clips?

In the screenshot I have attached you can see I have a bunch placed on the clips themselves but there are many on the actual sequence timelines as you can see with the 2 red and 1 green markers at the top of the frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cant find any solution on how to move them.

Thanks,

DevinScreen Shot 2021-05-12 at 4.57.16 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Decon,

Hey there. Sorry you went down the wrong road with placing the markers on the Timeline. No technique I know of to move them to clip markers en masse. That would be a handy feature to have, as I've often thought about running into trouble with this in my own editing workflow. I'll report if I can find any hacks or workarounds. 

Cheers,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines