• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving clips in multi-cam master kills sequence

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 3 angle 1.5hr interview. Two of my cameras have skips in them because the batteries went dead a couple of times. So what I did was put all of the clips in a traditional sequence and lined everything up so that the skips line up with the master shot, rendered them out. Then I put those three long clips into a multi-cam sequence. Something happened along the way and where the skips pick back up, they are out of sync in the multi-cam sequence. 

So I went into my master and used the razor tool to cut and then move them up so that they all sync up. But, now I have blank screens on a bunch of my cuts. Am I missing a step? If I move them in the master shouldn't they lineup in the multi-cam? And why are those cuts now blank?

I hope this makes some sense. I have attached 2 screenshots. In the first, you can see what I've moved in the master, and in the second you can see that in the multi-view I have video, but it is blank on the right and the timeline has skips in it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already start editing your master sequence prior to making these adjustments? If so, then that's why you've run into this issue. Anytime you edit with a nested sequence (of which a MC sequence pretty much is), and adjust the contents within the nest, you're going to be throwing off the edits in your master sequence. You really shouldn't mess around with nested/MC sequence's guts once you start editing with it in a master.

You also might have complicated the workflow a bit by rendering out seperate clips first. You can make a single MC sequence, and further modify it by laying in multiple clips on a single track (to account for things like battery swaps). Each track = 1 angle. As long as everything is in-sync in the MC sequence, then you can edit with that freely after.

I'm guessing at some point an error was made with your sync, but since you added an extra step I couldn't tell you at which point it was done: if the error occured when creating the long clips, or putting the long clips in the MC sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yep....I had already made a few cuts. Thank you for the reply. I just had to start over and learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines