Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mp4 Audio Lower in Volume after export

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have searched for this but don't see it. I've also messed with settings and done about 25 exports to test levels. I'm new to PP so hopefully there is a simple answer. I am exporting audio and video as .mp4, AAC with settings: 128kbps, Mono, and as far as I can tell, I have all level adjustment/Normalization etc. turned off. After export, the audio is 7-10db (aprox) lower. It's an audible amount and I also import the file back to PP each time to compare the files. I mix these files in another DAW before video and of course, do not want the level to change at all during export.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you-

JC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jcazmusic,

That doesn't sound normal. You may want to check if the volume of the track you are exporting is set at a lower decibel.

Let us know,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

If I'm following you, its not. The original track is at one level, I bounce as above and it sounds lower in volume. I then import the lower volume back in to PP to check the meters against the original and that verifies that it is lower in volume.

Thoughts?

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem.  The volume is fine in my project.  I've tried exporting both to AVI and to MPEG and the problems remains the same.  Someone suggested that the problem had to do with upload to YouTube, but I'm just looking and listening on my computer and the problem remains.  The volume difference is so material that in a production environment I think I'd have to turn amplification up to a point where it will distort to get adequate volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem.  The volume is fine in my project.  I've tried exporting both to AVI and to MPEG and the problems remains the same.  Someone suggested that the problem had to do with upload to YouTube, but I'm just looking and listening on my computer and the problem remains.  The volume difference is so material that in a production environment I think I'd have to turn amplification up to a point where it will distort to get adequate volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just ot chime in. I'm experiencing the same issues as of today. Audio levels are incorrect when exporting to youtube 1080p. PP 15.2.0 (build 35)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can report having the same issue as well. I've even got a multiband compressor on the master bus with 2db of output gain into a -1db peak limiter and my exported audio comes out about -3db lower than it is in the timeline. Just exporting as H.264 with Vimeo 1080p settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines