• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 file import issue

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video file that plays the audio just fine in the VLC player. However, when I import it to an existing project I'm working on, it changes the audio to an odd merged blend of tracks, as if what used to be on separate tracks somehow gets automatically merged to one track. I can tell by the wave form that the music channel is definitely duplicated over the voice track channel. Any advice on what setting I need to change in Premiere or with the file would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Currently using Adobe Premire Pro 15.1
  2. Windows 10 Enterprise
  3. MP4 (only difference from main video file to exported media is a bitrate on the audio. 254kbps on original vs 317kbps on exported file.)
  4. No error message
  5. No issues with other exported media before, but maybe something on the other person's end for their export settings?
  6. Maybe a difference in project versions used for the sent file versus my project file.
  7. CPU @ 2.60GHz  2.59GHz  RAM 16GB

I can upload the video clip in question if it's easier. Unable to attach to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this gameplay?

Post screeenshot MediaInfo from clip in treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative. Video project shot on canon vixia edited in Premiere Pro by another person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes upload clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If unable to open please let me know where else I should store it instead.

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/jasonmay_umass_edu/EaC3Es3VR_VNsVZ5z3QHqV0BAS5z9NCJ58...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines