• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 Files not audio sychronised in Premiere Pro - Gameplay Videos from Elgato and Geforce Experience

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... I posted about this 2 hours ago... only for it to be marked as spam, and then to vanish!! 

I have issues with captured footage. 
On capturing with Elgato HD60S i have no problems with adding videos from my Nintendo Switch, of gameplay.. 

I also capture footage of PC gameplay with using the extra mode in the Geforce Experience, i capture gameplay and all is fine, it records, and on playback the footage is fine and synchronised.

On importing the footage from PC/Geforce into PP, all seems ok, but then it goes out of sync for unknown reasons... 

PLEASE , can anyone advise on this... 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if the footage is variable frame rate (VFR)? Many screen recording software tends to be so. While VFR is supported in Premiere, it can be a bit hit or miss sometimes depending on...well, I have no clue.

That said, if you can determine if your media is VFR (if you have a more recent version of Premiere, it will tell you in Properties of the clip), try using Media Encoder to render out a version as ProRes (some others have suggested using Handbrake as well) to a constant frame rate.

This tends to resolve most issues related to VFR. That said, there is no guarantee this is related to the media. If your system was getting slammed, the recording might have fallen out of sync at the capture level. I honestly don't know much about Nvidia's internal capture features though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a properties screen grab of one of the PC captured clips.. 

clip properties.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell if it's VFR or not with that screenshot. It could have an average variable frame rate of 60.00fps, or it could truly be 60fps CFR.

As Peru Bob mentions, MediaInfo is a great source, or I should have specified: Right Click > Properties in Premiere. Again, it may not be VFR, but this is a common topic so it gets brought up a lot in Premiere circles. This is why another suggestion I often make is to transcode to ProRes just to see if it works out any better than the H.264 decoder.

However if it's fallen out of sync at the capture level and has been written to the file that way, you may simply have to edit it at some points to get it back in sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here we go... Thanks.. 

clip-properties-2.JPGclip-properties-3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There it is! It's variable frame rate footage!

See my suggestion above about creating a CFR version with Media Encoder or Handbrake. ProRes/DNx/Cineform would be preferred if you have the storage for it as it will be smoother editing for you.

If it's still out of sync after you've confirmed you've made a CFR file, then it's likely an issue with the capture itself and you're going to have to manually sync up the audio in editing every so often, depending on how you're using the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Geforce Settings are NOT complex, but it captures video ok.. ALL is synced on playback after capture. 

GeforceSettings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou.. i will see what happens.. i will update on here when i have tried it... so topic can be closed if successful etc.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello... I got Handbrake, and followed the video tutorial from 'Peru Bob'.. 
and Finally.. i can now say i have got game footage that gives me no more syncing problems.. 
So Thankyou Bob.. and also 'awh11' for advising, i do appreciate it.

Topic can now be closed or locked (Whichever it is)

THANKYOU again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines