Highlighted

MP4 -H264 / proxies

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have raw material in MP4. If I start to make proxies in Davinci (to H264) then the size of the proxies is bigger than raw material.. so is it best just to work with raw material, no proxies? I have good MacBook Pro from 2018. Thank you for help!

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MP4 -H264 / proxies

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have raw material in MP4. If I start to make proxies in Davinci (to H264) then the size of the proxies is bigger than raw material.. so is it best just to work with raw material, no proxies? I have good MacBook Pro from 2018. Thank you for help!

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to work with proxies its best to make them in Pr.

No hassle, automaticly attched and easy to switch.

If you can edit the orginal mp4 without any issues you dont need proxies.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless the MP4 files contain h.265 codec (which typically is more consuming for your hardware to decode than h.264 files), I would try and edit with the source files first. A proxy workflow is typically useful for situations that are (too) demanding for your system's resources to handle without dropping performance:

- RAW codec: REDcode Raw, BRAW, Canon Raw Light,

- Large resolutions: e.g. 4K and larger

- High efficiency codecs (read: not edit-friendly): e.g. h.265

Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0