• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 Showing Up As MP3 (Very Disappointed!)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently I've been editing videos but all my MP4's are showing up as MP3's. Many of my videos are being delayed due to this problem! I screen record videos and DOWNLOAD MP4 but in Premiere Pro they work like MP3's 

Please help as many of my videos are being delayed

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that's odd. Are you able to play the MP4 files fine on QuickTime or VLC? Could you provide some details on the MP4 file, such as codec, frame rate, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded the software, here is what it says.

Screenshot 2021-01-18 191126.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found similar query posted by another person and they solved it by converting file to mp4 again with some converter software  . I would personally suggest to convert your mp4 to mp4 again using vlc player itself i have created video exclusively for adobe community on my channel follow it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tI0YSY_Pjk&ab_channel=3-MinutesFix

Credits to Premiere pro read mp4 as mp3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines