Highlighted

mpg frame retrieval error

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woke this morning to discover that my Premier Pro 2020 errors on any mpg video I have referenced in any of my projects, new or old. 

It still recognises and plays mp4s and any still images, but not mpg.

The error is the 'error retrieving frames....'. I can still see the referenced mpg in the project files (albeit black), and properties succesfully identifies it's file location. 

I unistalled and re-installed Premier to no avail. 

As mentioned before, even creating a new project and importing one small mpg gives up the same error. 

All was working OK up to today and I have not done anything new to my computer overnight.

Can anyone assist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

mpg frame retrieval error

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I woke this morning to discover that my Premier Pro 2020 errors on any mpg video I have referenced in any of my projects, new or old. 

It still recognises and plays mp4s and any still images, but not mpg.

The error is the 'error retrieving frames....'. I can still see the referenced mpg in the project files (albeit black), and properties succesfully identifies it's file location. 

I unistalled and re-installed Premier to no avail. 

As mentioned before, even creating a new project and importing one small mpg gives up the same error. 

All was working OK up to today and I have not done anything new to my computer overnight.

Can anyone assist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0