Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MTS files out of sync after import / no chance to get old version

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, 

I am somehow desperate as (like so many others in this community) the audio and video goes out of sync when importing MTS files into Premiere. This problem is appearantly not occuring with the CC2017 version of the programm. Sadly one cannot download these old versions anymore as Adobe limits the old versions to the latest two. 

Adobe, can you show some heart and please provide a download for the old CC2017 version? I much rather not have the new functionality in favour of importing MTS files like it used to be possible. Please do not advise me to empty the media cache as this does not change anything. 

Thank you for listening. 

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi junw35037731,

We're sorry to hear about this. What is the source (make and model of the camera) of these .mts files? Is this happening with a specific media file with or all the .mts files? And are these files imported using the File > Import command or by using Media Browser? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your prompt response! 

The files are shot with a Sony A7iii and the first file imported fine via drag and drop and the second and third are out of sync. 

Framerate is 50 fps and audio is AC3 Dolby 256kBit/s Stereo 48kHz. Project is set to 48 kHz as well. OS is Win 10 latest Version. 

I had imported via Drag & Drop, Media Browser, Right click -> import... I renamed the files, cleared the media cache and what not.. 

Thank you much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is with the Dolby audio on your files. The Dolby audio codec is no longer baked into Adobe CC software as of 2018. Adobe is supposed to use the Dolby codec that is built into Windows. Maybe look into the codecs installed on your PC?

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you but I hope that by providing some info on the issue I can get you going in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for pointing me to the guide. I tried the above.. reinstalled, cleared the cache, renamed files, moved files, import via every method but no luck. I think the only thing that works is telling the client to submit files in the .mp4 format rather than .mts. or finding somebody that has the installer of CC2017. Seems kind of unreal for a video editing software that had been around for so long to A) loose basic functionality B) hinder the user to get access to old versions for whatever the reason. thanks for your help though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen reports on issues with A7iii.

Wild guess: rename mts to mp4 (you can do this in the bridge) or maybe mpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey thank you much for your help. 

unfortunately this renders the file unusable for premiere pro -> unsupported compression type error. 

but worth a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try Editready to convert the files to a friendlier format.  Looks like there's a free trial.  It's a very useful program as it allows me to convert camera files to formats like prores and will combine spanned files...

https://www.divergentmedia.com/editready

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,
I just solved the problem.  

Open the file in Avidemux, select output format MP4 Muxer and save the file in MP4.

You should have the video and audio output in "copy" mode (no reencoding of the file).

Then open Adobe Premiere and use the file generated.  The sync problem is solved for me.

Really anoying that the leader of the market :

1. is not able to solve this issue since 2017 !

2. is not able to provide this small workaround with open source software !

Hope this will help other people !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines