• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MTS files out of sync

Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-opened a project I was working on last week. Suddenly all the MTS audio is out of sync.

I previously exported the timelines and they were in sync. I haven't changed anything in my configuration.

CC 2018 Mac OSX10.13.2

There have been numerous posts about this issue. When is it going to be corrected?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Try this:

1) Clearing media cache will NOT fix this issue fully. Some of you may have good luck, but not me on Win10 latest version.

2) Easiest and quickest workaround (after much too much research) is to:

a) open or re-install premiere pro CC2017 by launching CC app, using the down arrow and selecting "Other Versions" and choose cc2017 and wait for install. It will install pp2017 and media encoder 2017.

b) If you've been working in cc2018 and suddenly your files are out of sync, do not despair. Fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I did install FxFactory would that have caused it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing FxFactory should have no effect. Have you tried clearing your media cache and letting Pr rebuild your conform (.cfa) and peak (.pek) files?

When you were able to export the timelines in sync, were you on Sierra, or have you been on High Sierra for this entire project? If it is a known issue then hopefully the next patch update will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me: use VLC to convert to .mp4 and use that instead of the .mts file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sequence W4,

sequence W4

I have just re-opened a project I was working on last week. Suddenly all the MTS audio is out of sync.

I agree with davidarbor, you may need to clean the media cache.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has no affect on the audio/video AVCHD MTS out of sync problem....

I agree with davidarbor, you may need to clean the FAQ: How to clean media cache files? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another voice with the same problem.  MTS files always worked fine in my projects before, now the audio is out of sync in them.  Happened for the first time about a month ago, but I had a deadline and just dealt with by manually syncing the audio for clips I was using.  Now coming up again in my current project. 

When I preview files outside of premiere, the audio is synced fine.  Inside of premiere it is off by a second or so.  MTS files with 59.54 fps, 12.1.1 (Build 10) on Windows 10.

Agree that this is a huge headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have encountered the issue today but I see your post was back ion May, any updates please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa,

Check my post from August. I was able to finish the project I was working on and deliver it.

Wally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a pain, but I'd suggest exporting the files with the same pixel dimensions as prores422 and edit with those.  I know Premiere should be able to work directly with these files, but after trying to work with camera original in a number of different formats, if I have the time, I convert.  You should be able to use premiere export or adobe media encoder, but I use Editready which will automatically merge spanned clips if set up correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "known issue" is now going on 5 months.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

This new subscription model which treats everyone like a beta tester and test-dummy is beneath the dignity of any company that is seeking to be professional and to be responsive to their huge client base. Adobe rolls out updates which appears to be little more than beta releases and then seems to sit back and wait for the complaints to roll in...instead of doing it the right way and working through MAJOR BUGS likes this BEFORE the buying public has to be shipwrecked.

WHY IS THIS STILL EVEN AN ISSUE, ADOBE?

MTS files are a substantial source of media in our industry. I am losing time, money, work, and patience.

I have spent years singing the praises of Adobe and defending this company against the competition when it came to discussions with other fellow professionals, but now my trust has been shaken greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue with version 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crickets.... interesting how there is no response from the mother cricket.

They do seem to love putting up Facebook live videos on subjects of how great Premiere is.

Still an issue V 12.11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Version 12.1.1 Windows 10 pro.

Unbelievable. I am working on a project for a client where mts files are used. What a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here. many, many hours of work now for naught.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my step-by-step with a little added editorial:

Dolby Licensing, MTS / AVCHD Audio Sync, Premiere Pro CC 2018

I hope it works for you...

Wally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys in what instances did it get out of sync? I hope you guys import the entire PRIVATE folder in your working folder. Don't rename it etc just plonk in the entire folder inside your raw files folder etc. Cos my intern just did that mistake and I spent half a day trying to find a solution without realizing the private folder that came from source was missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be the answer, don't know why it works but yeah, instead of dragging in the files, drag in the parent folder ("PRIVATE") and drag that into PrePro.

Very confusing because the .MTS files play fine and in sync in m VLC player, but when dragged into PrePro in the "usual"way causes the audio to be about 12 frames behind the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11 frames actually. Tested by importing the same file, but converted in different app. Panasonic AVCHD, 50i source (If it matters).

Dragging the PRIVATE folder not working for me. Win 8.1, Premiere CC2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, you sure about that Win 8.1 and 'cc2019'?

Since cc2019, the requirement has been for Windows 10.

Here's the current requirements - April 2019 (13.1.2, 13.1.1, and 13.1)

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

and the one for 13.0 - Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Did you download PP from Adobe site using the CC App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's CC2018. My mistake, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sequence w4,

Sorry for the frustration.

There have been numerous posts about this issue. When is it going to be corrected?

I see that we have a bug filed, however, if you (and others on the thread) could please file your feedback on the user voice site, it would help a lot in giving this bug more traction: .mts audio out of sync with video. Please fix. resume support for dolby files. – Adobe video & audio...

"When" is not a question the support team can answer on the forums. Sorry; disappointing, I know. Engineering is doing the best they can in fixing this issue, however.

FWIW, I tested a couple of files and noted that the standalone .MTS file was out of sync on playback. The file that was brought into the project by first copying the entire PRIVATE folder to the media drive, and then importing via Media Browser was not out of sync.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested an MTS file (stand alone) and it lost sync. I just did the whole folder transfer and found my files did hold synchronization. It does change the workflow and adds time to the transfer.  Are there any ideas on how to make this more efficient? I haven't worked with P2 in a while but doesn't it  also require files to be transferred with the folder intact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with MTS files from a Sony Nx5r. Usually the first file is fine. Starting with the second file and on, when imported into Premiere cc 2018, the audio will go out of sync. These files while out of sync when editing, is fine when viewing in a media viewer. Same file will be perfectly synchronized if imported in to Premiere 2017.

I can also confirm that if I copied the folder structure of the AVCHD folder from the Sony SD card to my media drive, then Premiere is able to recognize and stitch the longer footage back together.

To be specific for footage that goes longer than 30 minutes:

I just needed the AVCHD folder instead of the entire PRIVATE folder from the recording media

After the folder was copied to my editing workstation, I used the Media Browser in Premiere to view the clips. The clips are now all continuous in the Media Browser.

From there, I can import the clips I wanted to the timeline as one single clip instead of multiple MTS.

If the camera doesn't have to cut up the file, then the single MTS file is all I need and using the import command works fine. If the camera has to divide the clips up, then the entire folder structure of AVCHD needs to be there.

This method help with getting back on track to be able to edit new footage in the latest Premiere. However this doesn't help when it comes to old projects, and so far I have been lucky to NOT have to re-do old projects.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Margret Li

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: MTS files out of sync when importing into Prem pro 2018.

I have had 3 x help sessions with Adobe, and they were closed as "Resolved" this is NOT the case.. I am still having the same issue.

The problem seems not to exist when I roll back to Prem Pro 2017.

PLease help

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines