• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Cam not switching cameras.

Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've used multi-cam a million times before. This is my first time on newest update. For whatever reason, The cameras will not switch. Normally if I click on the camera view that I want (while in the multi-cam viewer), It will switch the camera for me. Whether I am playing or paused, this always worked. Now, The yellow outline will not switch or select new cameras for me at all. What has changed and What went wrong?

Attached is a screen shot of how I synched the clips.Jamaican  Jerk Shack 2.PNGJamaican jerk Shack.PNG

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

So,

I hit that point where I didn't know what else to do, and I restarted the PC. And magically, everything worked as it was supposed to.

So, some bugs I think in the newer updates. Not quite sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

In CC 2023 (23.6.0) try clicking "S" to toggle Snap in the timeline. Solved it for me!

I was in the middle of editing a project and then all of a sudden lost the ability to select as the OP described.

I tried everything listed here, including:

1. Restart premiere
  2. Restart computer
  3. Toggle track targeting
  4. Ensure layers are not locked.
  5. Ensure multicam editing is enabled for layer
  6. Ensure program monitor and not source monitor is being used

I gave up and then was moving a clip about 5 minutes later and noticed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the track is locked in the timeline. The switching of cameras does not work when the track is locked. Just make sure the track of the Multicam is not locked. If the track is not locked ....Please share the screenshot with the timeline or Screen record the issue. 

Also, check if you're able to change the camera using the right-click on the clip in timeline > Multi-Camera > Camera 1 or Camera 2. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

I hit that point where I didn't know what else to do, and I restarted the PC. And magically, everything worked as it was supposed to.

So, some bugs I think in the newer updates. Not quite sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me too, restarting it didn't work but making a new sequence then copy and pasting everything over seemed to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I had the same issue and tried to just mark the track where my footage is as a toggle button. Worked as hell:D

dp31830626_0-1694721118804.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC 2023 (23.6.0) try clicking "S" to toggle Snap in the timeline. Solved it for me!

I was in the middle of editing a project and then all of a sudden lost the ability to select as the OP described.

I tried everything listed here, including:

1. Restart premiere
  2. Restart computer
  3. Toggle track targeting
  4. Ensure layers are not locked.
  5. Ensure multicam editing is enabled for layer
  6. Ensure program monitor and not source monitor is being used

I gave up and then was moving a clip about 5 minutes later and noticed that snap was turned off. I thought, "There is no way this is correlated" and yet whenever snap is off the multicam editor breaks. I bumped it earlier and that's why it stopped, seemingly randomly.

Happy editing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and just figure it out. Right click on the clip, hover over multi-camera and you'll notice that it is not enabled. Enable multi-cam on the clip and switching will work. On previous versions it was always enabled by default so I'm not sure what changed this version or if it's just a select few of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, multicam is enabled, yet the problem persists. What's weird (and I think happened to the OP) is everything was working just fine a little while ago. I can also load the multicam sequence/clip into the source window and select the camera angle I want there. Just not in the multicam viewer in the program window. Having to utilize the extra step, well it just ain't right!

I will restart and see if that fixes anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have the same issue. It is regarding 2023 update. Multicamera switching does not work. I have to restart application for it to work everytime until a few minutes it stops again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Hey Adobe, Premiere mutlicam bug is super annoying! I have to keep restarting to get it to work. It's really pushing me to go to DaVinci like everyone else is suggesting. Please fix this soon. I'm on mac 12.6 Studio Ultra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had the same ×´problem×´. This is not a problem!
You need to make sure you are in the program window. and not in the source window.
It works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just flick on V1 or whatever the track your multicam is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue on 22.6.3 on an M1 machine - had to restart PR to fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting my computer seems to have fixed this issue. I've not had to deal with it since. I hope others are as fortunate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this one fixed my issue thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came to offer another possible solution to any passersby. I was having this issue where I simply could not get the cameras to switch. I had the correct track targeted, multicam was appearing properly in program monitor. Then I realized that I had track targeting turned on for another layer as well that happened to be locked. Even though it was just a corner bug graphic layer, because it was locked it was unable to "change camera" with my multicam layer.

TL;DR make sure none of your targeted tracks are locked, or better yet, only target the multicam track in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because Adobe ruined multi cam editing.  They made it more difficult and complicated to use.  They took away our multi cam monitor window and decided it would be a good idea to move it to our program screen, and we lose half of our program screen now.  So the only way to just click on a camera window and change the camera in the edit is to have the video playing while you select the camera. Not really useful at all if you have more than three cameras.  How can you make a selection out of all those cameras and and smaller window now because they took away half of my screen?  You can select a camera while the video is paused but you now have to hold down the control button to do it another thing they made more difficult.  They should just bring back the multi cam monitor window and let us select the cameras while it's paused without having to hold down any extra buttons.  I don't know who in their company thought it was a good idea to make it more difficult and complicated AND to take away half of my program screen.  Give us the multi cam monitor window back as a separate window we can dock anywhere we want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered this soluition for myself and wanted to share: try dragging the multicam clip into the same video track / layer that you originally enabled multicam in. I had my clip in "V3", and it didn't start working until I shifted the clip down to "V1", and then I was able to see both angles of my multicam. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey all,

Very late but this was the first thread that came up for me and i didnt find the right answer so im back here to give my solution.

Target the right track. Track 1 by default. 

If you have multicam view on, and the multi program is showing identical feeds right and left and not the selector you want, your target is probably set to a different track. the multicam view will look for the multicam sequence on the targeted track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines