• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-cam sequence not all cameras visible

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing a multi-camera sequence in Premiere CC 2017. Everything was going just fine but now I don't seem to have the two views to choose from in the program window. It is only showing me the one camera shot what happened? I really need that second camera back.

I followed the process for creating a multi-cam sequence. And like I said, it was working just fine until I obviously clicked something that got rid of the second camera. The program window is set to multi-camera. And it's enabled.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

I just solved this. Yes, the tracks have to be selected in the Multicam nested sequence as David pointed out, but you also have to have the mulitcam track selected in the sequence that you are editing in:

Screenshot at Dec 03 13-30-25.png

Screenshot at Dec 03 13-30-41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This simple solution is still being helpful more than a year later - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say I struggled with this issue a lot, and like others assumed it was a bug. Thanks so much for posting yer detailed explanation. People like you should be awarded medals. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was exactly the issue! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This worked for me. Mystery solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm user of adobe series

I have problem with multi-cam edit when I have more video clips over 10,

before I use sony vegas pro they have shortcut (T) for next camera that help full for me to edit the video clips,

in premiere cc have 9 shortcut clipe only that is very difficult for me to fast video edit.

So Adobe should make easy shortcut like sony vegas for select multi-camera clips like that,

thank...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved this. Yes, the tracks have to be selected in the Multicam nested sequence as David pointed out, but you also have to have the mulitcam track selected in the sequence that you are editing in:

Screenshot at Dec 03 13-30-25.png

Screenshot at Dec 03 13-30-41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem!!  You need to select the track with the multicam in the timeline....  so simple yet so frustrating.  I knew all the clips were there as I can select the different cameras with the clip menu...   That just wasted 2 hours of my life!  lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same issue. The problem was just that my Program V1 was unselected. As soon as I select the Program V1 I am able to see all the multicam angles. I don't even have my multicam source sequence loaded into the the source monitor. It's really just the Program V1 that has to be selected.

Thanks to all who posted here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix isn't working for me! WHHHYYYYYIIEEEEE . Seems like the same exact issue, but the track targeting doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue.  However, my problem was I had both V1 and V2 selected.  Had to unselect V2 to make it work correctly.  Hey Adobe...How about a warning if you select Multicam View but have multiple tracks selected???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found to be helpful, go to the multi-cam sequence and un-enable the clips and then re-enable.  This seems to make all cameras work in the nested timeline for me.  CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whaaaaaaaaaaaat, seriously THIS WAS THE PROBLEM? THAT I SELECTED v2 TOO??? OMG. 

(after 2 hours of trying to solve this problem, this seems to be the issue... thank you so much brentj-bpro tho!!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holly crap. IT'S WORKED! LOL. I so confusing becouse this. Thanks Dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also suffered with this. For me, the multi cam sequence had to be in the V1 spot to show all angles. Even if I initially created the new sequence and placed Multicam on V2 to start, It still would only work on V1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION!!! I had this same problem; after doing an editing pass where I chose between my (2) angles, I could not go back and change them except manually as described herein. This never happened on my last project using (7) angles. So the SOLUTION was that I had a LOCKED layer (the adjustment layer with a LUT) and by UNLOCKING that layer, MY CAMERA ANGLES RETURNED!!

Also TRUE: any layer that has a multicam clip on it MUST be selected/highlighted (V1... V3.. and so on) in order to see the multiple angles. You CANNOT have a layer above it that is selected/highlighted if you want to see multicam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue the other day and I tried all of the things listed here but none of them worked. These are all proper solutions too, and have worked for me before,

HOWEVER when I unselected all of the video tracks, so that NO TRACKS WERE SELECTED it immediately went into proper multicam view.

If no solutions work next time you encounter this issue give this a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just stumbled upon this thread having the same problem in 2019. I followed the advice in the "solution" above but to no avail. The selection of tracks in the nested and edit sequences were inconsequential in my case and toggling the track targeting made no difference. I am inclined to believe that even if it was not a bug before, it may be now in Feb 2019. I tested this by doing the following:

Without changing any track selection whatsoever, and having 3 of the 4 video tracks mysteriously invisible in the edit sequence, I selected all clips in the nested sequence (the clips themselves, not the track targeting) and shifted all video clips up one track level (option-up arrow) then brought all the clips back down to their original location (option-down arrow). This instantly resolved the issue and all clips became visible in the edit sequence. Since I made no changes to the track targeting and simply moved the clips out of position and back into position to fix it, I believe this to be a bonafide bug.

As an additional test, I then toggled off track targeting on multiple tracks in both the nested and edit sequence (as shown in the 'before' examples above) and it made no difference in what appeared in my edit sequence. In other words, I could not replicate the invisible tracks by deselecting track targeting.

With those two tests, I am inclined to believe that this is indeed a bug, and that the solution presented by previous posts is simply another way that Premiere can 'reset' itself, appearing as a solution when it may not be.

I am running PP 13.0.2 for those interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

Had the same problem as you.  I did your track shift up and back, and it did fix the problem.  Gotta burp the baby every so often!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much! The other solutions didn't work for me but this did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me nuts. Thank you for finding the solution and highlighting it here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the (option up + option down) didn't fix it 😞  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unplugging my harddrive that has the project file and all the video and audio assets in it then plugging it back in fixed it!! Oh goodness the things we put ourselves through that people don't even know about!!! I closed the project but never unplugged everyting. Thanks everyone...go editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines