• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Cam sequence ONLY PLAYS AUDIO FROM LEFT CHANNEL, Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have several hours of short (1-3 min) clips from a 3 day event that I'm trying to organize and prep for editing.  I wasn't on the shoot, but the cameras recorded the external mic (main audio) to one channel, and the internal mic (reference audio) to another channel; however it varies on which channel they recored main vs reference.  For the clips where someone is talking directly to the camera and I know I won't need the reference audio, I've gone in and done "modify audio" and mixed the "stereo" down to "mono", and then selected the channel with the "main audio" to be source channel.   That works great- now when the person talks it comes in evenly through both left and right speakers instead of being lopsided.

However, when I then try to take 2 of those clips that have been mixed down to "mono" and create a new multi-cam sequence, the new sequence consistently plays audio only from the left channel.  I have tried numerous configurations whence making the multi-cam sequence (automatic, mono, stereo, adaptive). Nothing works- it ONLY plays from the left side.  I have also tried modifying the audio channels after I make the new sequence, and put "Channel 1" in both the left and right tracks.  Nothing, it still only plays from the left side.

Any idea in how to get my mono source channel to play evenly in both left and right channels instead of only being in the left?  By the way, if I try to Pan to the right in the effects window, it just gets quieter, not balanced.

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Found a solution here Multi-Camera Source Sequence Audio from 1 Speaker instead of both??? HELP PLEASE!!!

Ctrl + N or Command + N for a new sequence, select your preset (in my case DVProHD > 1080i) and check that the audio channels are all mono. Then copy and paste all of your clips into the new blank sequence.

When I upgraded from Premiere Pro CC 2014 to 2015, all my multicamera sequences started playing mono audio through the left speaker only. Whether I had just created a new multi camera seque

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

I found all but A1 balanced to the left in the track mixer. Balancing them back to zero fixed the problem. I had been messing around for a while, so I don't know if I did something in addition to fix it.

pr_audio.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try makin a new sequence and option one audio track as adaptive. Make your new sequence the same as the sequence you have except tab over to the 'tracks' for the audio option. Copy ams paste your first sequence into the second sequence, then move your mono onto your adaptive track (or copy and paste). With that adaptive audio track, use the audio track mapping and map channel 1 to output 1 and channel 2 to output 2.

Hope oped that gets you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dummer.

I figured something out, but I'll leave this up in case someone else runs into the same problem.  If I go back to the original clip that was originally stereo (main and reference audio inputs), instead of mixing down to "mono" and selecting the main audio channel as my source, I am now going to "modify audio" and keeping it "stereo", but simply assigning both source channels to either LEFT or RIGHT, depending on which one the main audio was coming in on for that particular clip.  This has the effect of basically being mono, but also plays balanced left and right if I make a multi-cam (stereo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution here Multi-Camera Source Sequence Audio from 1 Speaker instead of both??? HELP PLEASE!!!

Ctrl + N or Command + N for a new sequence, select your preset (in my case DVProHD > 1080i) and check that the audio channels are all mono. Then copy and paste all of your clips into the new blank sequence.

When I upgraded from Premiere Pro CC 2014 to 2015, all my multicamera sequences started playing mono audio through the left speaker only. Whether I had just created a new multi camera sequence, or if I opened one I had created in 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this or a work around?  I'm facing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to do as my previous post. Move your clips into a new blank sequence. Don't right-click the multicam sequence and nest it that way. That's where the issue arises. Not sure if this new Premiere update has a fix for it, but I know the above works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an easier work around by using the Audio Track Mixer.  I went to "Special" in the drop down and selected "Fill Right with Left". 

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 10.06.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAD TO SAY. 7 YEARS LATER, THIS IS STILL THE FIX. I hope adobe actually fixes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may be able to go in control panel and change the input souce under properties and record to 1 studio quality.  it is usually defaulted on stereo.  i did this with my scarlet interface and it fixed the problem with rush..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to @SimonAOM 's fix or @CaliPVP 's? Simon's worked for me (May 2022), but I wasn't able to use Cali's because when I select the drop-down menu in the Audio Track Mixer, the only option that appears is "Mix". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found all but A1 balanced to the left in the track mixer. Balancing them back to zero fixed the problem. I had been messing around for a while, so I don't know if I did something in addition to fix it.

pr_audio.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how it happened but as

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!  Thank you so much this is the fix I've been looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was exactly what was happening for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TRACK MIXER is the solve. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this added detail! This fix was a miracle for me! THANK YOU! I have NO IDEA why Adobe sets this panning automatically in MCS. RIDICULOUS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by going to dropdown menu: Sequence/Sequence Settings... and changing the number of channels to 2.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.04.46 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thank you MichaelJoel, this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. This worked for me when nothing else did. Silly all the solutions like, "Fill from Left" which, if dealing with a stereo track, is throwing out half your audio.

Had issues with this not working for the timeline sequence of the multicam (rather than inside the nest). Had to change the channels to 3 and then back to 2 and then it worked. Actually, not even that "stuck." I have to select all the clips in the timeline, then go to Sequence Settings (can't just do it from the Project Panel), and then change the Channels to 3 and then back to 2. Not even sure if that'll stick. Definitely a glitch. At least I have a workaround. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon. Export only includes Left audio. Really displeased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio tracks weren't panned but it looks like every audio clip in the sequence is set to -100 in Panner. Didn't see that when looking at the track. Seems it renders properly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same problem.  That is, mono tracks only heard on left side.  The fix for me was to view the audio clip mixer where the audio tracks defaulted to "-100" in the L/R balance which forces the sound only to the left.  I changed it to "0" which centered the sound and solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The simpliest solve I've found is to select your nested audio clips in your sequence, control click to "REMOVE Attributes".  Select "Panner".  This sets the -100 back to 0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is a solution, I'm pretty sure that this is the solution. Thank you for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines