• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi camera audio - weird problem

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This is my first post here, so apologies if I'm getting it all wrong and please gently put me right.

I have volunteered to edit some music shoots for a charity group. I'm still a Premiere novice and this project is a bit bigger than I was expecting. However I have delivered half of it to a happy client, so I must be doing something right!

Unfortunately, while working on a piece today, I have encountered a strange problem with multi camera audio.

Each song has been recorded twice, so I have two rough cuts to work with - one as the base for the end product, one for drop in shots as needed.

Previously, I have been able to lift the first cut [T1] out of the sequence and paste it above the main cut [T2] (video to V2 and audio to A3/A4). I use that as a rough guide as the band played each take at a slightly different speed. This system has worked fine so far, but not today.

If I lift [T1] and paste it above [T2], the audio on A3/A4 does not play. There is a waveform, but nothing on meters or speakers.

However, if I lift [T2] and paste it above [T1], all four audio channels play just fine. I'm not keen on working backwards though as I'll lose the markers I've set for drop in notes on [T2].

The images attached will hopefully explain better. I'm just confused because this has worked before, so I'm wondering if I've accidentally done a thing that my tiny brain can't work out.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I've discovered the joy of pasting markers so can proceed, albeit back to front. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Would still be interested in any thoughts on what the issue above was caused by, assuming others have experienced it of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, apologies. 

PPro help 01.jpg

 

PPro help 02.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines