Multicam clips not playing proxies

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the (relatively) new Premiere proxy workflow, but I just realized that it's not working as expected with multicam clips .  I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.  My workflow is as follows

1) Import original media

2) Create low-res proxy versions of media with burnt-in time code (so I know when Premiere is using the proxy file vs. the original camera media).

3) Combine media into multicam clips using Create Multi-Camera Source Sequence.

4) Edit multicam clips into a sequence.

If I open the multicam clips themselves in the Timeline, and I set Premiere to playback using proxies, sure enough I see multiple video tracks playing back the proxy versions (with burned-in time code).  But when i play the sequence that I edited the multicam clips into, the proxies do not playback (no burned-in time code) no matter what I do with the "Toggle Proxies" switch.  I've searched message boards high and low and can't find anyone who has posted about this, so I wonder if it's me or my workflow that is causing problems.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?