Multicam Edit with Red R3D files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've done many multicam edits, but can't figure out how to do it with Red footage -

with the multiple R3D files in folders, for a single clip.  

I've created proxies for all media, and started creating multi-cam source sequences (by highlighting folders, instead of the numerous clips inside), and the processing for just two of the folders took forever.   I'm at a loss!   Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have 7 takes (single-cam) of a performance on a clicktrack for a music video, was hoping to sync these using audio scratch on each take, do a multi-cam edit using the proxies, then export with the lut.  

Mac Pro late-2013

1TB  2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64GB ram, D700s

--- Adobe Creative Suite CC 2020 v 14.7.0 Build 23 Mac Pro, Late 2013 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 2 x 16GB, Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6GB GDDR5 VRAM each
TOPICS
Editing, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multicam Edit with Red R3D files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've done many multicam edits, but can't figure out how to do it with Red footage -

with the multiple R3D files in folders, for a single clip.  

I've created proxies for all media, and started creating multi-cam source sequences (by highlighting folders, instead of the numerous clips inside), and the processing for just two of the folders took forever.   I'm at a loss!   Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have 7 takes (single-cam) of a performance on a clicktrack for a music video, was hoping to sync these using audio scratch on each take, do a multi-cam edit using the proxies, then export with the lut.  

Mac Pro late-2013

1TB  2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64GB ram, D700s

--- Adobe Creative Suite CC 2020 v 14.7.0 Build 23 Mac Pro, Late 2013 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 2 x 16GB, Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6GB GDDR5 VRAM each
TOPICS
Editing, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import your files using the explorer/finder or Premiere's Media Browser?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the media browser to import, but viewed/selected the footage via the "file types displayed" filter in the panel (filter icon),  and not the directory viewers (eye icon) like I should have... Once I filtered with the directory viewers, and selected RED,  all clips were merged into a single clips.. and all worked just fine from there.    Should have titled the post Red Importing 101.  🙃  Thanks Sami! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0