Highlighted

Multicam Sequence Cleanup help. Multiple Hundreds of short clips, don't want hundreds of layers

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy! First time posting here.

I'm using premiere to recreate an entire days worth of activism. I have over 800 video clips to sort and arrange and synchronize with each other. I am using PluralEyes to do the syncing, but I know both it, and the multicam creation tool in premiere, create a new layer for every clip.

I do NOT need 800+ layers on my timeline. If two clips do not overlap in time, is there anyway to automatically condense them on to one layer? This would save me hours of work.

I dont currently have any screenshots to post, but this has been a recurring issue for many of the impromptu multicam events I end up editing. We will usually get a ton of short clips shot on DSLR's that were't recorded for a long time or cut out do to the 30 minute record limit, and this would greatly expedite any editing I do.

Thank you!

Topics

Anywhere, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multicam Sequence Cleanup help. Multiple Hundreds of short clips, don't want hundreds of layers

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy! First time posting here.

I'm using premiere to recreate an entire days worth of activism. I have over 800 video clips to sort and arrange and synchronize with each other. I am using PluralEyes to do the syncing, but I know both it, and the multicam creation tool in premiere, create a new layer for every clip.

I do NOT need 800+ layers on my timeline. If two clips do not overlap in time, is there anyway to automatically condense them on to one layer? This would save me hours of work.

I dont currently have any screenshots to post, but this has been a recurring issue for many of the impromptu multicam events I end up editing. We will usually get a ton of short clips shot on DSLR's that were't recorded for a long time or cut out do to the 30 minute record limit, and this would greatly expedite any editing I do.

Thank you!

Topics

Anywhere, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?