• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple 4GB Clips and Multi Camera Editing

Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot a little over 10 minutes of video on three cameras in 4K.   That provides multiple 4GB clips from each camera.   

Any suggestions for a workflow that will take advantage of the multi camera edit tool?  I've stumbled through a couple of guesses and am not getting anywhere!

What is currently working is joining each cameras 4GB clips in separate projects and outputing a best quality video using Media Encoder.  Those resulting video then work by creating proxies and then using the multi camera tool in another separte project.

I would rather not have to be reencoding original clips!

Thanks in advance!     

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann.  That certainly gives me a place to start for the next project.  I've already reformated the SD from this project so don't have any of the sidecar files that may have existed.  

I'll do some test shooting and see if I can figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the procedure.  Didn't work.  I looked for some tutorials and followed a slightly revised procedure.   I couldn't get it to work!  I will import the files but not as a single file.  Therefore, I can't get multi camera to work.  

Ugh!  Frustration!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a workaround, edit the spanned clips together and export each camera as a single file...   I understand you'd prefer to avoid this, but may be the simplest solution.  If you're exporting in the same format as the camera original, shouldn't take a long time although if the camera original is an mpeg format, you might do better with transcoding to something like a highquality prores format.   Gotta tell you spanned clips can be a royal pain so this will save you some trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't get it to work!  I will import the files but not as a single file. 

by @Bill Sprague

Next time copy the entire card to hdd instead of just the mts files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you mgrenadier.

The two consumer Panasonics are shooting 4K in an MP4 with H.264.  Same for the stabilized DJI Pocket 2.   I have done as you suggested and put the spanned clips into three single files.   They are working without trouble in the multi camera system.   

I did not find a fast preset for Media Encoder but, with patience, it worked.   I chose VBR 2 pass, matched the target bit rate to the source, maximum depth and maximum render quality.  Image quality seems to remain very good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off max depth and max render. Just adds unnecessary encoding time.

I would have chosen Prores 422 HQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ann.

I will try Prores 442 HQ, turning off max deph and turning off max render.  

Coming from Premiere Elements, this is new territory!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines