Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple display scaling issue

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I am running into a display issue with Premiere Pro 14.1 (April 2020). I have tried everything I could but I cannot find a decent solution.

My config is the following:

- Asus laptop FHD 15.6" screen / display: 1920x1080 - Scaling 125% (recommanded)

- Acer external monitor FHD 24" screen / display: 1920x1080 - Scaling 100% (recommanded)

I am using Premiere Pro with a custom dual screen layout (on my monitor I have my timeline, my playback and my effects control ; on my laptop I have basically everything else).

My issue is: I cannot find the correct settings to have Premiere Pro displayed clean and sharp (i.e. not with a slight blur) on both screens. I believe this comes from the scaling difference between my main screen (125%) and my external screen (100%).

* If I keep those settings like so, the UI on my external monitor appears blurry (the fonts are scaled down from 125% to 100%)

* If I force the DPI scaling to "System" in the Compatibility tab of AdobePremierePro.exe, then I have the reverse situation and my external monitor is sharp but the UI on my main display is blurry (fonts are scaled up from 100% to 125%)

* If I change my laptop resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 with 100% scaling (recommanded), the UI on the external display is fine but my main display UI is poor as I have a lower res...

* Finally, the only way to have both displays sharp and clean is to increase the scaling of my external monitor to 125% (to match my laptop), but the UI gets really big and I lose a bit my screen real estate...

I feel there is no solution here. Please tell me I am wrong and some magic tool exists.

Thanks a lot for your help here.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean. A little UI 🙂

Set up the monitors back  without scalling
Comment removed: Please do not refer to internal debug controls.

restart Premiere 

It will helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find another good solution than changing the font size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines