Hi, this is my first post. I'm a bit of a novice in Adobe Premiere as I've relied on editors and used FCP Pro 7 and Avid in the past.
The question - how do I export my project file that has multiple closed caption language streams into an SCC file sub car file? This is to upload to vimeo, amazon, and youtube for viewing.
1. I had my closed captions created by a vendor in SCC format, 29.97 - two languages, one file for each, one Spanish, one English.
2. My final source material is Apple Pro Res, 29.97 file, I flattened everything and exported as a lossless QT file from Final Cut Pro 7, to ensure graphics and all were rendered and all I would need to do is to import this video/audio into adobe Premiere, with matching time code, into a project file in Adobe premiere. - (NOTE - Adobe Premiere was my editing workflow of choice due to having the subscription service and the content with the other adobe programs, Avid and FCP are no longer an option)
3. I have successfully imported both SCC files, the SPN and ENG, into Video layer 2 and video layer 3, indicated they are stream 1 and stream 2, lined them up TC wise, inside the project/preview window all works fine once rendered.
4. Then I export my project, choosing h264 for video, and using the closed caption option to create a sidecar file. (NOTE - my project is a feature. I have been exporting my in and out points, starting from 00 to 3:00 minutes in order to test the workflow)
5. I then upload my 3 minute piece to youtube, it renders as it does.
6. I add subtitle, language English, fine. Upload the sidecar SCC file. It times out perfectly and is great.
However, I am having trouble exporting the second stream, aka, the Spanish, Closed Caption file? And or, what I might be getting wrong? I thought you could export the from Adobe Project with up to four different defined streams, 1,2,3,4 for closed captions?
I cannot find anywhere online that addresses multiple language closed captions, exporting to SCC from Adobe? All I Can find is the how to do closed captions and no one addresses multiple language closed captions or closed subtitles?
I understand how to do this and the difference between close and open, but for the life of me can't figure out how to export another stream or language of closed caption SCC file from Adobe to import for the web? In other words, I've got ENG CC Stream 1 on Video 2 of sequence, and SPN CC Stream 2 on Video 3 of Sequence.
What am I missing? Do I have to do a complete new project for each language on CC1 and export it each to get the required SCC file for each language?
Also, note, I'm using 608 - as it is the the supposedly less buggy and more accepted format.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. After having finished this feature two years ago, paid for the transcription and SCC files and now to be stuck on rendering/exporting the correct SCC files to upload is beyond frustrating.
Please, any help would be great, I'm sure I'm missing something, but please enlighten me and any help would be great. Thanks!
Did you ever figure this out I have to do 3 languages?
This depends on your workflow. Do you actually need closed captions/scc? What is your end product?
In any event, if you are looking for sidecar files, I don't think you can have more than one stream per file, so just export the sidecars separately. Turn visibility off (eyeball) in the Timeline/Sequence for the caption tracks you are NOT exporting, then select the sequence in the Project Panel, and File -> Export -> Captions.
If you don't know the specs for delivery, I would assume they will be using a platform similar to Youtube or VLC. Which means that you don't need actual closed captions, but any type caption stream in a sidecar. What will matter is what format file and whether it will allow any formatting/styling. Until you can find out, I'd export .srt without any formatting. But you'll need to know.
I like the free SubtitleEdit to do conversions on files - .srt to .stl for example.
Hello Stan do you Mean that the side car option in the caption section when you are exporting is only one SRT file for one video and we have to do it Seperatly and you mentioned that you have to press on the eye ball for visability off and then press on file and then export and then Captions however it does show this caption one because it is not highlighted in Premier Pro 2019 and in 2020 so can you help me with this please.
Yes, one stream in one srt; and the one stream must be from one track in the timeline.
Test the workflow before you go very far.