• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple resize effects

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some footage that was shot vertically, that is, with a 16x9 camera tilted at 90 degrees. So when looking at footage, so I don't have to tilt my head, I applied a transform as a source effect (master clip effect) to rotate it, but since it's still in the 16x9 footage, I have to reduce the size to about 53 percent to see the full width of the shot in the height of the window. Now, if I use this footage in a sequence and enlarge it using the normal (Motion) scale parameter (to something over 100) and not the transform effect, am I blowing up something that was re-rastered smaller, or will the effects cancel each other out (in terms of quality degradation) until I cumulatively surpass the original size?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

As long as Transform is being used on the clip and not on an Adjustment Layer it shouldn't be rasterized. You should be able to scale up without affecting quality up to 100%. I haven't specifically tested this with a Transform effect on the Master Clip Effects, but I imagine it would still hold true.  

(And yes, mixing it with regular scale should also be fine.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as Transform is being used on the clip and not on an Adjustment Layer it shouldn't be rasterized. You should be able to scale up without affecting quality up to 100%. I haven't specifically tested this with a Transform effect on the Master Clip Effects, but I imagine it would still hold true.  

(And yes, mixing it with regular scale should also be fine.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks. So if I reduced the size in the master clip effect to 50%, then increased the regular scale to 200%, my size should be around the original 100% with no loss of quality, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. That's correct. I just tested it on my side as well and I can't detect any difference in quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines