Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Versions - Setting up Dynamic Link From Premiere to Audition

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone-

Doing the whole WORK FROM HOME thing, and my project is working in Premiere 2019 (13.1.5), the studio has requested that I keep it there.  I thus have work with have three different versions of Premiere, some personal projects which are on Premiere 2020, my main project on 2019 and some older projects on 2018.

I'm fine running multiple versions of Premiere on my machine, but my problem comes that once I install Adobe Premiere 2020, the dynamic link to Audition no longer works.  Adobe Premiere 2019 opens AUDITION 2020, but the audio file never appears.  It works fine in Premiere 2020.

Is it possible to have my Premiere 2019 link to Audition 2019, and my Premiere 2020 link to Audition 2020?  Or both link to AUDITION 2020 but have it WORK?

regardless, I need to get the feature "Edit In Adobe Audition" working.  Is there a place where I can make that setting look for Audition 2019?  I Can't find it in settings.

I am running OSX Catalina 10.15.5

thanks

chapman

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would update Premiere and Audition. If both are the same version or up to date the dynamic link should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated both versions.  Still Adobe 2020 works but Adobe 2019 does not.  

I removed ALL versions of both programs, restarted the OS, and installed ONLY Adobe 2019, it still doesn't work, so I'm not sure what is happening with this.  See the video below of what is happening.   The version numbers don't match but Adobe Audition installs v12 and Premiere installs v13.  If I install Adobe Audition 2020 (13.x) I still get the same (mis) behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines