Highlighted

Music Skipping in PP CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to put an audio track into my premiere pro project, yet, when I put a choose a song, it jumps/skips a lot, even though the timeline timer is running smoothly. It seems to be skipping almost 5 seconds of the song at a time! It only does this for certain songs and I do not know how to fix this. The music works fine in every other software (including elements). Why is this only happening in premiere pro?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jamie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Music Skipping in PP CC 2017

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to put an audio track into my premiere pro project, yet, when I put a choose a song, it jumps/skips a lot, even though the timeline timer is running smoothly. It seems to be skipping almost 5 seconds of the song at a time! It only does this for certain songs and I do not know how to fix this. The music works fine in every other software (including elements). Why is this only happening in premiere pro?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jamie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format of the audio file might be the culprit here.  Be sure to use only .wav files.  You can use Audition to covert if necessary.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamieb,

Did you solve the issue? Did Jim's response assist you at all? Please let us know. Also, let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,,

I have the same issue as Jamieb, I'm using a .WAV file its on my TL panel. But I'm still having trouble with playback.

Please Help Me,

Thanks Charles

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's get some details, Charles.

How To Ask For Help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m Having the same problem. Unfortunately, I have not been able for find a solution on-line and let’s be real for minute, Adobe’s support staff has been less than helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and after a half hour with adobe support the one song we were working with plays but still none of the other ones. I'M BEYOND FRUSTRATED AT THIS POINT! I shoot daily vlogs and edit daily. I need to be able to use simple music files!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started for me the other day. Sadly.  The source music files play just fine in itunes, but skip and stutters during playback in source monitor and when dragged to timeline.  A huge amount of my music is currently not usable.  I have tried clearing cache and deleting the songs from my computer and re-downloading them.  Very frustrated.

Can anyone offer some assistance here?

Adobe Premier.  11.2.1 current

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the files through Audition and resave to wav, see if that will help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines